If you’ve been following my blog and my social media feeds for a while, you already know I am a huge fan of Neal’s Yard Remedies. Originating from Neal’s Yard in Covent Garden London, this organic skincare brand has been around for over three decades. Love their holistic approach to beauty and their entire library of pure essential oils.
One essential oil that features quite prominently in the Neal’s Yard Remedies range is frankincense. Love the Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Hydrating Facial Mist and would highly recommend their Rejuvenating Frankincense Eye & Lip Serum
And a few weeks back, I was sent the newest addition to the frankincense family, the Neal’s Yard Remedies Intense Lift Cream.
I’ve always admired Neal’s Yard Remedies’ packaging, but this brand new cream is just something else! The cardboard box itself has a velveteen feel, and the print is all silver foil. The cream comes in a heavy glass jar in the brand’s iconic deep navy, and is topped with a bedazzling silver screw-on lid.
Who is this cream made for?
The Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense Lift Cream was created to combat sagging skin. This miracle in a pot promises to visibly re-contour the skin, and 75% of women who used it in a trial test claimed their jawlines felt more defined and cheeks more taut after 6 weeks of use.
“Our multi-action cream visibly lifts and recontours your skin. We’ve added an ultra-nourishing trio of organic butters and oils to help strengthen, soften and restore your skin. Scientifically formulated with active and certified organic ingredients, it targets a loss of firmness and deep lines – the second signs of ageing. ”
– Neal’s Yard Remedies website.
- Ribose, Linseed Extract & Micro Algae: These key ingredients work together to lift and redefine the facial features.
- Hyaluronic Acid: To rehydrate the skin from within and keep wrinkles at bay.
- Nourishing Chiuri Butter: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, is a great ethical and sustainable natural alternative to palm oil.
- Cupuaçu Butter: is nutrient and antioxidant-rich and helps to soften and moisturise the skin.
- Dhatelo Oil: is rich in essential fatty acids omega 6 and 9, and helps protect and strengthen the skin.
- Frankincense: The Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense range uses the prized Boswellia Sacra Frankincense from Oman. Sustainably sourced from the resin of the Boswellia sacra trees that grow wild in the Dhofar region of Oman, the precious resin is expertly harvested using traditional tools before being hand-sorted and distilled to extract the pure essential oil, leaving behind a by-product. Neal’s Yard Remedies took it a step further by joining hands with a University Research Centre in Italy who carried out a patented enzymatic process to exploit its full potential. The process transformed the by-product into an exclusive active ingredient – Frankincense Active Phyto Complex. Extensive studies on Frankincense Active Phyto Complex, which contains three boswellic acids and polyphenols, have proven collagen protecting properties and a profound antioxidant effect.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense Lift Cream
I’m a sucker for great packaging, so for a whole week after receiving this gorgeous pot, I let it sit on my vanity counter and admired its brilliance. Like all things Neal’s Yard, this cream has a strong scent of essential oil that may or may not appeal to you. I for one love the scent, and especially so after a long, hard day of play.
As suggested on the packaging, I make a ritual out of using the cream. I take a small dollop into the palms of my hand, rub it in and inhale the scent. The aroma is all at once therapeutic and puts me in a state of spa-like relaxation. I use it on cleansed and toned skin, working the cream in upwards, circular motion.
The cream is luxuriously rich and creamy, and perfect for the winter months. But the best part of all is that it leaves no greasy aftermath. The cream takes about a minute to penetrate the skin, and has a firming, mattifying effect that even allows for makeup application.
What I love about this cream is that my normal to dry skin feels aptly moisturized, and I definitely do not feel the urge to re-moisturize when wearing this.
Has it worked on re-contouring my face? I’m into my third week of using this cream, and can feel its firming effect on my cheeks and decolletage. The results may not be very visible to all, but I am taking it as a very positive sign. I turn 40 next year, and this cream will surely find a permanent place in my ‘aging gracefully’ ammunition kit.
- Loaded with high-quality naturally and ethically sourced ingredients.
- Backed with scientific research.
- Free of chemical nasties.
- 79% organic ingredients.
- Has a beautifully aromatic scent.
- Highly moisturizing.
- Evident firming effects.
- Sold in a jar, making it less hygienic to use over time.
- The scent of essential oils can be overpowering to some.
- Very oily skin types might find this cream to be too rich.
- One of the more expensive creams in the Neal’sYard Remedies range.
Product Pricing & Availability
The Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense Lift Cream retails for AED 306 and is available at all Neal’s Yard Remedies stores across the Middle East.