As many of you might have noticed from my last few posts, I have recently gone significantly blonder (click here if you missed it!). I’ve been a little cynical about going lighter as, in the past, my blonde streaks (often mixed in with a red base) tended to go a brassy orange after a month or so.
Scanning through the shelves of Lush, one of my all-time favorite beauty brands, I came across these bottles of Lush Daddy-O Shampoo. A helpful staff member recommended it for keeping my blonde streaks bright and brass-free, and I was sold! They had a sale going on, so I actually walked out with their largest, 500 ml bottle. Nope, never tried it before this financial commitment… I’m pretty much a sucker like that!
Two weeks in, I am relived to say I am so glad I bought the bigger, more economically-sound bottle. Lush’s Daddy-O Shampoo really is a God-send for ‘unnaturally’ blondes!
Lush Daddy-O Product Claim
The Lush Daddy-O Shampoo was created for people with hair that has been dyed blonde or grey. Regular use promises to keep locks looking brighter and healthier and keep brassy tones at bay.
gray or blond hair, who also want brighter and healthier looking locks, without dull, brassy tones. An infusion of fresh citrus juices and seaweed gives your hair softness and shine, while the violet leaf, rose and bergamot oils create a scent that stays on your hair throughout the day.
- Violet Leaf: Long used as a part of folk medicine and known to be rich in essential vitamins, Violet Leaf lends the Lush Daddy-O shampoo its signature purple hue that constitutes as the main ingredient for keeping brassy hues at bay.
- Rose & Bergamont Oils: Hydrating oils that lend the shampoo its characteristic scent.
- Fresh Organic Lime Juice: For freshness and a deep cleanse.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: To moisturize the locks.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Lush Daddy-O Shampoo
I usually wash my hair three to four times a week, with dry shampoos coming to the resuce in between. Living in the humidity of UAE summers, my locks cry out for a wash ever so often.
However, after switching to the Lush Daddy-O Shampoo, my need for shampoo has drastically been cut down to just two a week (with dry shampoos in between). Lush Daddy-O shampoo really does give my scalp and tresses a deep cleanse. My hair feels squeaky clean after just one rinse, and I don’t have to re-shampoo as I would with my regular shampoo.
Don’t get me wrong! I promise you I do shower every day 🙂 But I really am glad I can give my dry, dyed hair a bigger break between washes.
The only qualm with this highly efficient wash is that my hair feels rather dry after use. A good quality conditioner is essential after using this shampoo, and I would recommend following it up with a weekly hair mask or hot oil treatment.
The Lush Daddy-O Shampoo has a pleasant scent. I find it a little sweet, but like the depth of Bergamont in it.
The shampoo is a deep shade of purple, and has a glittery sheen to it. To really keep dyed blonde hair from going brassy, you need to keep the product on your hair for a good 5 minutes or so before rinsing it all off.
I’ve seen YouTubers using this shampoo as a means of maintaining violet hair too! Check out this video:
I’ve been using the Lush Daddy-O Shampoo for over 2 weeks now, and my newfound blonde hair still has that bright, beautiful finish that you’d expect to see fresh out of a salon.
Why I Love Daddy-O Shampoo
- It smells pretty amazing! The scent is all at once sweet (like a forgotten berry-hued lollies of my childhood) yet it has a more refined hint of grown-up Bergamont.
- It does a great job at deep-cleansing the hair and scalp. A little blob goes a long way.
- It’s been 2 weeks since I had my hair dyed at Station 10 salon, and it still has that bright ‘right out of the salon’ look about it! No hint of brassiness in sight 🙂
- It’s vegan, like pretty much all the products at Lush.
- Although it contains extra virgin coconut oil, I find this shampoo can feel rather drying on my hair. Best to pair it up with a good quality conditioner and a weekly hair mask.
- Although I love the scent, many find it a tad bit overwhelming. The scent is definitely stronger than your average shampoo.
Where Can I Buy Lush Daddy-O Shampoo in the UAE?
Lush Daddy-O Shampoo is available in all Lush stores across the UAE and beyond.