Mama Cuellar, a Mexican immigrant to the States, drew crowds at a country fair outside Dallas, Texas with her mouthwatering tamales. That was way back in 1926.
With the help of her twelve children and a whole ammunition of crowd-pleasing recipes, Mama Cuellar gave the world the El Chico chain of fine Mexican cuisine.
Her legacy continues with a large fan following the world over, and today I’m sharing her famous guacamole recipe with you.
El Chico Guacamole
½ pc Lime
¼ tsp Garlic (granulated)
¼ tsp White Pepper
¼ tsp Salt
1 ½ pcs Avocado, scored
¼ cup Red Onion, diced
3 tbsp Fresh Jalapenos (finely diced)
¼ cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
½ cup Tomatoes (3/4” diced)
- Dice the tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and cilantro.
- Mix in the granulated garlic, white pepper, and salt.
The Making of Guacamole:
- Place the avocados in a large bowl. Mash the avocado using a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro to the avocado. Mix well using a bouillon spoon.
- Squeeze the lime onto the freshly made guacamole, and enjoy it fresh.