Gosh Cosmetics is a makeup brand hailing from Denmark, and prides itself for its high-quality products that are in par with some of the biggest brands on the beauty shelves (yet cost a fraction of the price). Moreover, the brand is cruelty-free, their products contain no harmful parabans or synthetic additives, and apart from their lipsticks which contain beeswax, the Gosh range can also claim to be vegan-friendly! (For more on Gosh Cosmetics, read my earlier post by clicking here).
I just got back to good old sunny Dubai, and went ecstatic discovering a whole new bag of Gosh goodies in my mailbox! Ofcourse I had to play with them right away 🙂
I created this look with my brand new Gosh Cosmetics stash. What do you think?
Here is what I used:
- Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector: I think I’ve harped on about this absolutely amazing multi-tasking product far too often, but let me tell you it really is worth every dirham invested. I used this primer as a base to even out the complexion, and help the makeup last longer. For a complete review, click here for my earlier post.
- Gosh Foundation Plus+ Cover + Conceal: Yet another ingenius multitasking product by Gosh, this medium-coverage foundation is easily buildable without looking or feeling cakey. I am using the shade 008, and found it to be beautifully pigmented, and very easy to blend in (I used my favorite Becca brush for this). Best of all, it has an SPF of 15 and is enriched with skin-loving seaweed.
- Gosh Contour ‘N Strobe Kit (001 Light): I loved the look of this palette as soon as I saw it. It’s larger than my palm, and includes 2 bronzers for contouring (one slightly shimmery, the other a darker matt), 1 peachy, slightly shimmery blush, and 1 pale champagne-gold highlighter. It’s pretty handy having contouring, blush and highlighting products in one palette. You can use this to contour and define the hollows of your face, or go light and have a play with strobing (never heard of strobing before? Click here for more). For this look, I went for a well-defined contoured look and used the darker, matt bronzer. I pretty much followed the guidelines on the packaging.
- Giant Pro Liner: This liner comes in a thick, sturdy packaging which makes it so easy to handle. Best of all, it has a felt-tip application that makes winged eyeliner an absolute breeze! It’s pretty much like drawing it on with a pen, yet it washes off with ease 🙂
- Gosh Lash Sculpting Fibre Mascara: Enriched with seaweed to enhance the quality of the lashes, this mascara really does wonders at opening up the eyes and adding drama to my barely-there lashes. The wand picks up enough product to ensure the application is clump-free, and despite the hot and humid weather, I found this mascara to be long-lasting, smudge-free and easy to remove.
- Gosh Brow Sculpting Fibre Gel: I got this product in the rather light, nutty shade of Nutmeg and was rather skeptical it would match my darker complexion. However, as you can see from my look above, it went perfectly well with my brows! It helps accentuate my natural brow shape by acting as a mild gel, and gives them the slightest hint of colour. Clean, well-groomed brows with one sweep! And best of all, this product is also enriched with seaweed to keep them brows beautifully voluminous 🙂
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lip Liner: I was sent the shade 010 Smoothie, a ‘berry’ pretty, wearable shade of pink that can easily be worn on its own and taken from day to night. This lip liner is waterproof, so go on and sip away at those summer cocktails, you won’t be leaving a trail of lippy on the rim with this one! For this look, I used it to line and fill my lips to prolong the wear of my lipstick.
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick: I was sent the shade 014 Matt Cranberry, and absolutely love it! It is a deep vampy berry shade with a gorgeous hint of purple. I have always preferred matte lipsticks to glossy, and this is the very first one I have tried from Gosh. I have to say the quality of this lipstick is absolutely amazing! Despite being a matte shade, this lipstick is very creamy and keeps the lips feeling soft and hydrated all day long. It is very wearable indeed, and very beautifully pigmented.
The Gosh Cosmetics range can be bought at all Lifestyle outlets across the UAE. Do check out their Facebook and Instagram feeds for more product updates.