I am SO in love with this brush. Kinda sad admitting I have such strong feelings for a makeup brush, but The One Perfecting Brush by Becca Cosmetics really is life-changing. When I first spotted this brush at the Sephora Middle East Summer 2016 event, I knew I had to get my hands on one. The bristles felt so luxuriously soft, and I loved the solid, earthy look of the handle.
Becca’s The One Perfecting Brush retails for AED 225 at Sephora, and is therefore not the cheapest of makeup brushes. However, I really do believe it will save me a good deal of time and money in the long-run. Here is why:
10 Reasons I absolutely LOVE The One Perfecting Brush by Becca:
- It replaces a whole bouquet of makeup brushes: Becca’s The One Perfecting Brush is a true beauty multitasker, and can replace all 10 of the brushes below:
- Foundation Brush
- Powder Brush
- Contour Brush
- Bronzer Brush
- Stipple Brush
- Blush Brush
- Fan Brush
- Concealer Brush
- Kabuki Brush
- Sponge (yes, I have to admit I like it better than my Beauty Blender now!)
- Airbrushed look in seconds: The bristles are very tightly packed and beautifully soft. It makes makeup application an absolute breeze.
- Great for Wider Surfaces: The brush is wide enough to swipe all-over makeup in seconds.
- Precision Applications: Using the corners of the brush, precision applications are made easy given the natural fibers of the brush are so flexible as compared to synthetic bristles.
- Contouring: The long, rectangular face of the brush fits perfectly onto the hollows of the cheeks, making contouring a breeze.
- One brush for all your makeup: From primer to powder, this ‘start to finish’ brush is designed for all types of makeup, and can be used for all textures including powders, creams, liquid and anything in between. I was a little skeptical about using just one brush for all my makeup, but the beauty of the natural goat’s hair bristles is that the product just stays on the top, so you don’t have to worry about getting your foundation mixed up with your bronzer!
- Less product wastage: The bristles are made of all-natural goat’s hair, which means the product used stays on the top. Less product is wasted, and you can also use it between products (foundation then blush? No worries, there won’t be any residue left from the previous product).
- Comfortable to use: The wooden handle is very ergonomically designed, adding comfort to use.
- Easy Care: A gentle wash with a baby shampoo every 2 weeks is all it needs, although I prefer to wash my regularly used brushes every three days or so. It is also also recommended to use a mild conditioner on the natural hair bristles to avoid the hair fraying.
- Great for travel: One brush replacing a total of 10! This will definitely save me on luggage space.
I had the pleasure of meeting Kerry Cole (Becca’s Style Director) in person at the Sephora event, and here she is on YouTube demonstrating how easy it is to use Becca’s The One Perfecting Brush, from start to finish:
Product Pricing & Availability
The One Perfecting Brush by Becca is available in all Sephora stores across the Middle East, and retails for AED 225.