I recently got introduced to Gosh, a high-quality cruelty-free and paraban-free beauty brand from Denmark. I was treated to a Gosh makeover at the Lifestyle store in Dubai Mall (click here if you missed out on the post), and came home with quite a few of their amazing, very reasonably priced products.
One of the products I have been using on a regular basis is the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector, a long name for a product with an impressively long list of benefits 🙂
What is the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector?
This is a lightly tinted cream that has been designed to use as a base to prolong makeup wear. It has a slight sheen which gives the complexion a hint of luminosity.
It can be used under foundation, or worn on its own for light coverage.
According to the Gosh Cosmetics website, the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector promises to:
· Leave the skin resilient
· Regenerates youthfulness
· Restores the skin’s natural health and beauty
· Reinforces the skin
· Fortifies the skin’s natural barrier
Key Ingredients in the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector
- Silsoft E-Pearl: Has skin moisturizing and lightening benefits.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil and Vitamin E: Stimulates the skin’s ability of self-renewal.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector
When the Gosh Cosmetics makeup artist used the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector on my face, I knew I had to have a tube to myself. I love how it gave my complexion a very satin finish.
The product has a very subtle sheen, and gives the complexion an illuminating effect. Thankfully this is very subtle indeed, and the end result is a very natural-looking dewy glow.
The product texture is light yet creamy, and reminds me of a BB cream. It looks rather heavy coming out of the tube, but it is actually very lightweight, and blends in beautifully into the skin.
Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector only comes in one colour, a pale honey-beige. Although this is only a light tint, it can be a drawback for very pale complexions.On my tanned skin, this colour works very well and adds a lovely, believable glow.
The Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector works great under a foundation, and helps the end result look more evened out and smooth. I also found it helped keep my makeup in place for longer.
I don’t wear heavy makeup on a daily basis, and most days I have skipped the foundation completely and used the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector on its own as a light coverage over my day cream.
I quite like the packaging of the product. The 30 ml tube is squeezable, allowing me to access just the right amount of product I need without wastage. The black tube is simple yet stylish, and looks very appropriate for a professional makeup artist’s stash.
I am wearing the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector in my #selfie below. Click here for more details on the entire look.
What I Love About the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector
- It gives the complexion a flawless finish, with a very natural-looking dewy glow.
- It is loaded with skin-loving ingredients.
- It can be used as a makeup base, or even on its own thereby making it quite a versatile product.
- The packaging is very user-friendly.
- At AED 105 for a 30 ml tube, this high-quality Gosh product is really good value for money.
- A little goes a long way. You only need a drop of the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector per use, making it a tube that will last you quite a while.
The Drawbacks of the Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector
- The only drawback I can think of is the tint. The honey-beige colour has a pale yellow tint that may not work well with fairer complexions. On my tanned skin, this colour is actually a plus-point!
Product Pricing & Availability
A 30 ml tube of Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector costs AED 105.
The Gosh Cosmetics range is available in all Lifestyle stores across the UAE. I got mine from the Lifestyle store in Dubai Mall (Lower Ground Floor).