I recently posted this #MakeupSelfie on Instagram, a rather minimal look that I think is perfect for Ramadan and late-night Iftar and Suhoor soirees. Quite a few of you have inboxed me on how to get this look, so without much ado I am sharing my Ramadan Makeup Look ‘recipe’ with you 🙂
After cleansing and moisturizing (I always moisturize my skin before applying makeup), I used:
For the Base:
- Gosh Primer Plus+ Illuminating Skin Perfector: This has to be my favorite Gosh product from all the ones I’ve had the pleasure of trying so far. Read my complete review by clicking here.
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation: I wear the shade Y335 Dark Sand.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer: I use concealer for reducing the appearance of blemishes, and also as a subtle contouring cream on the areas I want to highlight.
- Gosh Prime ‘n Set Primer & Mattifying Setting Powder: I dust this light, translucent powder over my base to let the makeup set in place.
- Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit: Absolutely love this nifty, chocolate-smelling kit. Click here for my earlier review. I primarily use the ‘Dark Cocoa’ on my cheekbones and around the edges of my face, then buffer it out for a softer look.
- Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer: I used this in place of a blush. I have an obsession with the sunkissed look as opposed to rosy red cheeks.
- Gosh Lumi Drops: I used a few drops on my cheeks, chin and forehead as a highlighter. I used the shade 004 Peach.
On My Eyes:
- Hi Impact Brows: I love this compact little palette. I used the third darkest shade on my brows, a combination of the second and third brown for my lids, and the black as a liner. One product, complete eye makeup look! Read more about it by clicking here.
- Shiseido Full Lash Volume Mascara: I finished off the look with a few lashes of this beautifully volumising mascara. It really does add volume and oomph to my barely-there lashes. I use it in the shade BR 602 (a dark chocolate brown).
On My Lips:
- Lush Santa’s Lip Scrub: I like to ensure my lips are as smooth as possible, especially before wearing a very matte lipstick. Matte lipsticks are very unforgiving and can highlight the minutest of lines. This lip scrub takes me back to the festive cheer of Christmas, and does a great job at sloughing away rough patches. It also has natural oils for hydrating the lips.
- Inglot Lipstick: I am wearing the Inglot 405, a beautifully matte dusky rose. It is just a few shades darker than my natural lips, and goes perfectly well with the minimalistic look I am trying to achieve.
Hope you liked this makeup ‘recipe’ 🙂 Do share your thoughts on this look. Promise to be back with more #OnMyFace posts soon.