Just when I thought I’d found the epitome of foundation perfection, the Shiseido Syncro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation lands on my reviewing desk. I love my Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation, and being rather brand loyal, was rather reluctant to make a shift. However, this brand new contender has ticked far too many boxes than I first gave it credit for, and I’m totally obsessed!
“An Intelligent long lasting foundation that beautifully enhances your complexion with vibrance. Flawless undetectable, like it belongs to your skin.” – Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation packaging.
Key Selling Points:
- Oil-Free Formula
- Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Protection
Tezzy’s Experience with the Shiseido Syncro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation
I don’t use foundations on a day to day basis, and reserve it for special dolled-up occasions. When Shiseido’s brand new Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation came in the mail, it stayed in my makeup stash for a good one month. Not that I haven’t had any reason to doll up; living in Dubai we never run out of reasons to party it up and look pretty. But I was just to cynical on trying out a brand new foundation, having found solace in the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation.
Adding to my hesitation of finally getting my hands dirty and trying it out was the packaging. I mean, how pretty is it?! From the Asian-inspired red hue of the box and the thick frosted glass bottle itself, my heart skipped at beat. I am a sucker for great packaging, and was saving this foundation like a prized trophy.
It all changed a few weeks ago when I got invited to an afternoon soiree. We would be partying in the sunshine, and I needed an SPF. A regular sunscreen would be far too greasy under a foundation, and so to save on time I reached out for my brand new bottle.
I love the fact that the Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation comes with a built in SPF of 20. To top it off, this is an oil-free formula, so you won’t end up looking like a greasy mess either.
From the first squirt itself I loved the slightly cooling, semi-liquid texture of the Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation. This texture makes blending a breeze. I use my Beauty Blender, but with a formula like this, you can get just as good results with the tips of your fingers.
A little goes a long way, and for me, one pump of this foundation is enough for my entire face.
The foundation offers medium to high coverage, and has a near-matte finish. Despite being matte and oil-free, it does not feel dry on my normal to dry skin at all (I always wear a moisturizer under my makeup).
This foundation is very buildable, so if you want more coverage, you can easily add another layer after the first. Even with two layers on, the Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation manages not to look flakey and nor does it settle into the pores or fine lines.
The finishing result is flawless, believable and really does feel like my natural skin. I am wearing the Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation in Golden 3.
The Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation comes in 13 shades; 5 neutral, 5 golden and 3 rose shades. These shades seem to cover quite a wide range of skin tones.
I’ve been wearing this foundation for a number of occasions in the last few weeks, and am absolutely in love with it. The Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation is super easy to apply, I love that it already has an SPF built in, it makes my skin look and feel fabulous, and best of all, it has even managed to last 8-hour work days sans any touch-ups! That, my friend, makes the Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation a miracle product in my opinion 🙂
Sorry Makeup Forever Ultra HD, I still love you but I have now moved on to a brand new ‘favorite foundation’.
What I LOVE About the Shiseido Syncro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation
- It’s Oil-Free: Perfect for the humid summer months, and keeps shine at bay.
- It has an SPF of 20: No need for additional sunscreen!
- The Packaging: comes with a pump dispenser which makes it very easy to use, and reduces the chances of spillage and waste.
- The Texture: This foundation is fluid without being overly runny, and is unbelievably easy to blend into the skin.
- The Coverage: This foundation gives my complexion a beautifully airbrushed finish. The coverage is very buildable from medium to high, and manages to look like my natural skin.
- Matte Finish: I love how this foundation gives the skin a semi-matte finish. So perfect for the UAE summers! Despite being matte, this formula does not feel drying at all.
- Long-Lasting: Even without powder touch-ups, this foundation lasts a good 8 hours and beyond for me. It does not get cakey or seep into the pores and fine lines, and it really is a miracle how it manages to keep my complexion looking so flawless hour after hour.
- A Little Goes a Long Way: Given the formula is so easy to blend, I find I don’t need more than a pump of product per use. This 30 ml bottle is going to last me a while!
- I am far too obsessed with this product to see any flaws… it makes my skin look so effortlessly flawless! I really do think I have finally found the Holy Grail of foundations. You have to try it to believe it.
Product Pricing & Availability
The Shiseido Syncro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation retails for AED 165 for a 30 ml bottle, and is available in all Sephora stores across the UAE and Middle Eastern region.