Suhoor is the early morning meal Muslims the world over wake up to before the crack of dawn. It is a very early breakfast before bowing down to prayers and asking the Almighty for acceptance of the fast.
We have been enjoying far too many extravagant Iftars this Ramadan, and I am taking the Suhoor meal to nourish from within. To fulfill my ‘5 a day’, a smoothie is a sure-fire way to quickly consume a number of fruits in one sitting.
Last night I came up with a delicious concoction, and wanted to share the recipe with you least I forget it!
Beautiful Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed at room temperature for 10 minutes
- 1 banana, chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in half a cup of cold water for an hour or more
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped (I used one of my European Bicolored Apples!)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Blitz all the ingredients together in a blender on medium for about a minute till smooth. Add more water if you want a more liquid consistency.
- Serve immediately. This recipe is enough for 2 very generous servings.