I tend to have normal to dry skin, and prefer face creams that go the extra mile when it comes to moisturizing. Murad is a beauty brand I have been introduced to only recently, and I respect their holistic approach to skincare. When I saw the Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture jar, I had to give it a go.
What is the Murad philosophy?
Murad was created by dermatologist Dr. Howard Murad, and the brand’s extensive skincare range is based on 3 key principles:
- Emotional Health: Dr. Murad believes isolation is one of the greatest causes of rapid skin aging. He therefore encourages people to lead more actively social lives and to keep the brain cells ticking.
- Internal Health: Dr. Murad is a strong believer of eating right for the skin. Having a good diet, eating the right foods and eating your water is all a part of the Murad philosophy, and the premise of his recent book entitled ‘The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger’.
- Topical Health: Dr. Murad believes using the right products on the surface of the skin is just as vital in our fight against the clock.
About Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture
This product, as the name suggests, provides ultimate moisture and is ideal for dry and maturing skin. It is packed with anti-aging ingredients including sunflower seed oil, shea butter, olive, avocado and jojoba oils. The key ingredient is cellular water which is believed to increase the skin cell’s ability to hold water, thereby giving the skin an overall younger, more supple complexion.
- Deeply moisturize the skin
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Give an overall more supple, youthful complexion
- Avocado oil
- Sunflower oil
- Olive Fruit oils
- Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A)
- Shea butter
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide
- A breakthrough ‘Collagen Support Complex’ that is made up of ingredients including Vitamin A, hyaluronic acid and peptides.
Why I like this product:
- Highly Moisturizing: It lives up to the claim of being highly moisturizing. The cream is decadently rich, and dry, tired skin feels hydrated and refreshed on application.
- Quick Absorbing: It absorbs in fairly quickly. Despite being highly hydrating, this product leaves no greasy residue.
- Great Under Makeup: As this product absorbs in beautifully, it goes great under makeup.
- Scent Free: It has no scent. This makes it ideal for sensitive skin. I love a product with a pleasant scent, but there are days when my skin needs a break from all the fragrances and artificial additives and just craves some TLC. The richness of this cream hydrates without the drama, a rare find on the beauty shelves these days.
Why this product may not be for you:
- Not for Oily Skin: As it is highly hydrating, I would not recommend this product for oily skin-types.
- No SPF: It does not have an SPF, so remember to use sunscreen with it when outdoors.
- This cream contains hyaluronic acid. This is a key ingredient for anti-aging, but it may not be suitable for people with extremely sensitive skin.
- Expensive: At AED 330 for a 60 ml jar, this product is quite expensive. However, given the brand name and the research that has gone into developing this product, you can rest assured you are getting high quality for your money.
Product Cost & Availability
The Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture cream retails for AED 330 for a 60 ml jar, and can be bought on the Murad website.