The Koreans have always been miles ahead of the pack when it comes to skincare. They gave us sheet-masks, and the very convenient ‘all in one’ BB creams. BB (or Blemish Balm) creams now have a newer, more innovative little sister; the CC Cream! CC stands for ‘Color Correcting’, and the main premise of this new category of skincare is to even out pigmentation, and work as an all-round moisturizer.
Sephora Middle East has introduced a whole new range of Korean beauty brands this year, one of which is Erborian. I was recently sent a full-sized tube of the Erborian CC Crème, and wanted to share my firsthand experience with you.
“A high-definition skin perfecting cream with one-shade fits all color-matching technology, for a luminous, soft, and flawless-looking complexion.” – Sephora.ae
Clinical Research Results:
In an independent consumer use test on 32 participants:
– 97% felt skin is softer
– 88% felt complexion had a healthy-looking glow
– 91% felt the product helped blur fine lines
– 91% felt the appearance of pores seemed visibly reduced
After 4 weeks of use:
– 91% felt skin was more beautiful
– 94% felt skin texture has been visibly improved
- Encapsulated Pigments to perfectly match any skintone for flawless-looking skin and even coverage with a blur effect.
- Enriched with centella asiatica to boost radiance while helping to protect and hydrate skin.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Erborian CC Crème
I am a sucker for great packaging, and this shiny silver tube had me from first sight! I also love the fact that it comes in a tube; so much more hygienic than a pot.
The product needs to be squeezed out of a narrow opening which really helps control the amount you want out. No wastage here! And with the Erborian CC Crème, you really do need just a wee coin-sized drop.
The crème is thick, and can sit like a whirl of soft-serve when squeezed out. And it is petrifyingly white! I was already sure this wasn’t going to work for my tanned complexion… but surprise, surprise! The Erborian CC Crème really does stick to its ‘one-shade fits all’ technology. The crème blends in effortlessly onto my skin with no trace of white.
The crème has a faint glint of shine, which seems to add to the luminosity of the complexion as promised. And it smells pretty amazing too! I can’t seem to pinpoint what it smells like exactly, but it reminds me of a posh, ladylike perfume. Was it a Chanel No. 5? Sadly the scent doesn’t last very long.
The Erborian CC Crème gives my face a newfound matt-ness. It’s like I’ve switched on a special Instagram filter of sorts. My complexion looks evened out instantly. This makes it the perfect non-makeup crème for my no-makeup days. I also love the fact that it comes with a built in broad-spectrum SPF of 25! Perfect for the upcoming UAE summers.
Why Try the Erborain CC Crème?
- An ‘all in one’ formula that hydrates the skin while giving it an evened out (blurred, filtered) look
- Has broad-spectrum SPF 25 to protect the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays
- Lightweight, one color suits all
- Perfect for the summer!
- Free from parabens, sulfates and phthalates
Product Pricing & Availability
The Erborian CC Crème comes in tubes of 15 ml (for AED 90) and 45 ml (AED 195), and is exclusively available across the Middle East in Sephora stores. You can also buy it online from Sephora.ae