Princess Diana has gone down in the pages of history as arguably the most striking beauty to have lived in the Buckingham Palace, but a lesser known fact is that she had highly sensitive skin. As a public figure, the pressure was always on to look her glowing best and she brought together the world’s best dermatologists to create a special potion to keep her skin at its optimal best.
No expense was spared, and only the finest of ingredients were used. The secret ‘recipe’ got leaked, and the Lush Gorgeous Facial Moisturizer was born.
Retailing at AED 330 for a 1.5 oz pot, Gorgeous is one of the priciest products to be found on the shelves of Lush, and for good reason too. It is absolutely loaded with the finest of skin-loving ingredients. As an ardent Lush fan, it was high time I got my hands on a pot of Gorgeous. After all, if it is fit for a princess it will surely be good enough for me, right? Read on for my verdict.
“Skincare doesn’t get any better than Gorgeous; we firmly believe it’s the finest quality moisturizer on the market. When you buy a pot of Gorgeous, you’re spending your hard earned money on organic ingredients like orange blossom honey, extra virgin olive and wheat germ oils to leave your skin feeling soft and matte, perfect for day time. Its magical ability to melt into your skin is unmatched, and its legion of fans will be the first to tell you how much their skin has improved since they started using Gorgeous. Care to join them?” – Lush website.
- Orange Blossom Honey Water: Often used in Mediterranean cuisine, specifically desserts, Orange Blossom is an extract of Seville oranges and has a distinctively fresh, sweet citrus scent. Like lavender extract, Orange Blossom has also been listed as an ideal natural remedy for calming the nerves. Paired with honey, this special ‘water’ is all the more potent an ingredient for nourishing the skin. Honey also has antibacterial properties which helps in keeping breakouts at bay.
Neroli Oil: A natural anti-depressant, the very scent of Neroli gives the senses a sense of peace and calm.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is loaded with skin-loving vitamins including vitamins A, B1,B2, C, E & K. More importantly, it also contains flavonoids and polyphenols which are both potent antioxidants which help to prevent skin cell damage and combat free radicals.
- Coconut Oil: An absolutely wonderful skin moisturizer! Click here for more details on the benefits of coconut oil.
- Avocado Oil: A highly fatty oil that is especially great on dry skin and is believed to have collagen enhancing properties.
- Grapeseed Oil: A beautifully lightweight oil that is high in skin-hydrating linoleic acid.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Loaded with anti-aging properties, and especially wonderful for dry skin.
- Wheat Germ Oil: A wonderful oil that naturally promotes skin cell renewal and has anti-aging properties.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: A natural skin brightening and toning agent.
- Fresh Orange Juice: High in Vitamin C, orange juice promotes skin brightness and clarity.
- Fresh Pineapple Juice–Pineapple is loaded with natural enzymes that work wonderfully as a natural exfoliant for the skin.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Lush Gorgeous Facial Moisturizer
I am a huge Lush fan. My bathroom shelves are heaving with their products. Yet this is my very first pot of Gorgeous. I have been meaning to try out this product for a while now, but very honestly, the price tag has put me off.
Rewind a few months ago to the Lush CityWalk opening where I got a wee sampler tub of Gorgeous, and I was hooked.
The scent of this moisturizer is absolutely gorgeous! Yes Gorgeous smells gorgeous lol! I believe it is the Orange Blossom combined with the Neroli that comes to play here. It is all at once sweet yet calming, and putting on this moisturizer turns into a sacred calming ritual of sorts.
I love the texture of this product. It is near-runny and very light, yet it really feels hydrating on the skin. It absorbs almost immediately, and has a mattifying effect which works great as a makeup base.
Two weeks on, my skin looks and feels noticeably fresher, dewier and hydrated. I still squirm about the price tag, but my skin seems to be lapping it up and asking for another pot!
- It has a light, runny texture that is easily absorbed into the skin yet given the blend of essential oils, it deeps hydrates. It is therefore ideal for all skin types.
- It smells amazing!
- The Neroli oil has a calming effect on the senses.
- Given the exfoliating effect of the lemon and pineapple enzymes and the plumping dewy glow that the highly moisturizing mix of coconut, avocado and olive oils, Gorgeous works wonderfully as an anti-aging, youth-enhancing formula.
- Although partially justifiable for the high-quality ingredients that have gone in to make this moisturizer, the price really is very steep.
- From a hygiene perspective, I prefer my creams in a squeezy tube instead of a pot. Digging into the cream every time will surely shorten the shelf life of a product that has so many organic ingredients thrown in.
- There is enough product in this pot to last over a year, but sadly the expiry date pops up in 12 months time.
- I wish it had SPF built in!
Product Pricing & Availability
The Lush Gorgeous Facial Moisturizer is available at all Lush stores worldwide. In the UAE, a 1.5 oz pot retails for AED 330.