Located right in the center of the hustle bustle of Bur Dubai is one of our city’s oldest hotel establishments. We’ve driven past Royal Ascot Hotel many times over, and consider it a landmark for giving out directions. The outer facade oozes old-world charm, and the drive up to the valet always seems packed.
However, I’ve never actually walked through their heavy oak-wood doors till early this month. It was a Monday evening, yet the place was packed. We were heading to the media launch of The Rooftop Lounge & Dining, Season 5.
The Rooftop Lounge & Dining is no stranger to the Dubai dining scene. This alfresco terrace was established by restaurateur Suneel Bhambhani way back in 1988, and despite the growing number of bars across Dubai, it continues to pull in the crowds.
I couldn’t believe it was a Monday evening; the place was filled to the brim!
The Rooftop Lounge is now open for Season 5 and we’d like to invite our loyal patrons and visitors to enjoy the winter season with our great food and drinks and the great music that we offer. We guarantee a great time while you are here.” – Suneel Bhambhani, CEO.
5 reasons why The Rooftop Lounge & Dining is such a crowd-puller:
- The Music: From the latest blockbusters to crowd favorites in English, Arabic and Hindi, DJ Pierre ensures the crowd is kept in the groove all night long.
- The Food & Drink:
- The Rooftop Lounge features four live cooking stations, each dedicated to a different style of cuisine. Choose from Arabic, Italian, Indian or Chinese (or a combination of all four).
- We sampled a wide range of starters, and one of my favorites that I’d highly recommend is their Pepper Fish from the Chinese menu. It is rather fiery hot, but goes down beautifully with drinks.
- The drinks menu is very comprehensive, and they have a wide selection of house beverages and cocktails. My husband was thrilled to find they stock his favorite beer, the rather floral Belgian Hoegaarden which is rarely found on bar menus in Dubai.
- The Ambiance:
- With mood lighting and some of Dubai’s biggest live screens that are in sync with the upbeat tunes that DJ Pierre is churning out, The Rooftop Lounge ensures its party time every day of the week.
- The Rooftop Lounge has a seating capacity of 400 to 700 diners to ensure guest are not packed too close.
- Choose your style of seating! From private cabanas with billowing white curtains to tables and chairs by the live cooking stations, and a pub corner by the bar, enjoy a space that suits your style.
- They even have games for big kids! We had a very competitive round of foosball (and I realized my wrist-turning skills are very out of sync!).
- The Shisha: Yes they do shisha! The open terrace and the cooling weather makes for the ideal setup.
- The Deals: The pricing at The Rooftop Lounge is very reasonable when compared to other such establishments across Dubai, and they are constantly coming up with amazing deals such as the Man Night Mondays and Ladies Night on Tuesdays, and look out for specialized theme nights (more details on updated events can be found their Facebook page, click here).
With the weather finally cooling down, The Rooftop Lounge & Dining is a perfect choice for unwinding over food, drinks and shisha with friends.
The Rooftop Lounge & Dining runs from 6 pm to 3 am daily, and is located on the roof-level of Royal Ascot Hotel (Bur Dubai – Dubai).
All images used in this post have been supplied by The Rooftop Lounge & Dining.