I am in India right now, and just got back from a day trip exploring the streets of Guwahati (click here if you missed it). Walking about in the heat and humidity can take a toll on the skin, and so I decided to try out the OLEVA + Oxygen Activating Renewal Black Mask as soon as I got back.
The OLEVA + masks are brand new on the shelves of Sephora Middle East, and although the concept of sheet masks originates from Korea, this brand is made in China under the licence of Oleva France.
“Regain radiance and apparent youth of skin.” – OLEVA + Oxygen Activating Renewal Black Mask packaging.
- Water & Glycerin: For deep hydration of the skin.
- White Lily extract: For hydration, and believed to have anti-aging properties.
- Paeonia Albiflora: A native to northern China, blossoms in late spring and is prized for its medicinal properties (read more about it here).
Tezzy’s Experience with the OLEVA + Oxygen Activating Renewal Black Mask
Travelling, although delightful, can really put a strain on the complexion. Hooray for sheet masks! They are so compact, and perfect for carrying about when travelling.
Post my Guwahati road trip, my skin was begging for a deep cleanse and hydration, and so I reached out for the OLEVA + Oxygen Activating Renewal Black Mask.
I have used a number of sheet masks in the past, and have to admit I got rather excited about wearing one that was black (as opposed to the standard white)! Cheap thrills, I know! And boy does it look rogue, I could easily get arrested for burglary with this one on 😀
First off, I was very impressed with the mask material itself. The sheet isn’t flimsy, and despite being drenched in product, it was very easy to put on. The OLEVA + sheet masks are made of Japanese Kishu-Binchotan fiber that has a very fine micro-pore structure, and this helps the mask adhere to the contours of the face like a second skin.
The mask is drenched (and I mean really drenched) with serum. Even after I put the mask on, I had enough in the pack to rub onto my decolletage and upper arms.
As per instructions, I kept the mask on for 30 minutes (this is a little longer than other sheet masks I have used in the past).
I could see an immediate difference as I removed the mask. My face was literally glowing! You don’t have to rinse off after using this mask, yet I still had a good amount of serum on my face. I massaged in the remaining product, and headed out.
Now here’s the funny part… yes I looked and felt absolutely hydrated and refreshed (even Hubby commented on the change), yet my face felt rather sticky even a good few hours after using the mask. I rinsed off the access product once I got home, and felt a whole lot better.
Overall, I absolutely love this mask. It stays true to its promise of really, really hydrating the skin and adds a refreshing glow to the complexion. Just a word of caution… do wipe off access product after use!
- Compact enough to carry when travelling.
- The mask is very easy to put on when compared to other sheet mask brands.
- This mask really delivered on its promise of hydrating the skin, and the complexion looks visibly refreshed right after use.
- If you are looking for a quick fix for really tired, dehydrated skin, this mask is an absolute savior. It really lives up to its name, a trueblue ‘renewal’ for the skin!
- Needs up to 30 minutes while many other sheet masks only ask for 15.
- Excess product on the mask can make your face feel rather sticky!
Product Pricing & Availability
The OLEVA + masks are available at Sephora stores across the Middle East, and retail for AED 26 each. I will be reviewing more from this range soon, keep watching this space!