I had the pleasure of being invited to an exclusive Sephora Summer 2016 event late last month, and am now enamored with a whole new list of beauty updates for you!
From brand new product launches under the ‘Made in Sephora’ label, to the introduction of much coveted international beauty brands that the UAE market has been thirsting for, Sephora promises to keep you covered with the best in makeup and skincare for Summer 2016. Today’s post is a look at what’s new in the makeup isles of Sephora Middle East.
New from ‘Made in Sephora’
Filter Palettes: I raved about the ingenious Too Faced No Filter Selfie Powders palette earlier, and now Sephora has us covered with selfie-ready eyeshadow palettes! Taking cues from social media’s selfie obsession, Sephora has come up with not just one, but two gorgeous palettes dedicated to selfies: Sunbleached and Overcast. Each palette comes with 10 highly pigmented shades that have very filter-inspired names!
The Sephora Filter Palettes retail for AED 169 each.
Limited Edition Sun Disk: A makeup essential for summer is a beautifully shimmery bronzer to highlight and accentuate on that sun-kissed, beach babe look. I am absolutely lusting over this limited edition Sun Disk by Sephora! The gorgeous Arbesque design is almost too pretty to use, and would make for an ideal gift for Ramadan.
This Limited Edition Sun Disk retails for AED 90.
Liner Tips: Going by the Sephora mantra of ‘simplifying life and creating smart beauty products’, Sephora has come up with a range of six liquid eyeliners that can be worn on the finger for ease of application. It’s like drawing on your liner with your fingertips!
The Liner Tips retail for AED 45 each.
Hooray! Becca Cosmetics is finally launching in the UAE! This absolutely stunning American makeup brand that has a cult following on social media platforms, will be available exclusively at all Sephora stores across the UAE from 1st June.
I reviewed the Becca Jaclyn Hill trio palette here earlier, and had the pleasure of having a one on one chitchat with Becca spokesperson Kerry Cole herself.
Here is a list of things I am adding to my Becca shopping basket:
Becca The One Perfecting Brush: This nifty brush is an absolute game changer. Made of high quality genuine mink, this brush holds the product at the top with minimal wastage. If you are looking for a multitasking brush to carry with you this holiday, this is it. This gorgeously sturdy wooden brush can be used for everything from foundation to contouring, and blush. I want!
The One Perfecting Brush will retail for AED 225.
- Backlighting Pearls: Creates ambience by diffusing light, similar to the golden hour in photography (right after sunrise and right before sunset) that adds warmth behind the subject of the picture.
- Filtering Pearls: Provides warmth and radiance to even out skin tone and creates a filter of light between your complexion and foundation.
- Afterlighting Pearls: Creates a soft-focus, ethereal glow by shining through your foundation for a radiant finish all day.
The Becca Backlight Priming Filter will retail for AED 165.
Huda Beauty Lip Contour: Remember my post on lipstick contouring a la Marilyn Monroe? (Click here to refresh). Beauty diva Huda Heidi Kattan has launched a brand new lineup of lip contouring pencils, making this beauty trick far more accessible (and customisable) to your needs.
- Define your lips marking your cupid’s bow and lining the center-bottom of the lower lip. Carry on drawing from the center to the corners of the mouth. To upgrade your lip size and fake a lip job, slightly overline the cupids bow and bottom center of the lips. Fill in with the same color.
- Apply a darker Lip Contour following the exact same outlined shape. Insist on the inner corners of the mouth to create depth and draw a vertical line in the center of your lips to add some 3D effect.
- Blend the two shades pressing a tissue on your lips or using a hint of lip balm.
- Correct or downplay full lips using a concealer matching your foundation shade.
The Huda Beauty Lip Contour pencils retail for AED 89 each.
These are only snippets of what Sephora has lined up for Summer 2016. Expect to see many, many more innovative new beauty treats lining the shelves of your local Sephora store this summer.
The 3 Key Looks for Summer 2016 is #Matte #Bronze and #Glowy
Between 3rd to 28th May, Sephora Middle East is doing free demos for the public, and this is a great chance to get your Summer 2016 makeup look sorted! Watch the Sephora Beauty Makeup Masters recreate Summer 2016’s most coveted looks; Matte, Bronze and Glowy.
Drop by at designated Sephora stores in the region for a chance to get an exclusive ‘Nude Makeup Action Trend’ makeover by Sephora’s celebrity makeup masters, and win a surprise gift box!