Izil, the Moroccan beauty brand specializing in the highly coveted Argan Oil, offers a range of all-natural beauty treatments featuring this oil. I was sent a jar of the Izil Golden Glow Face Mask, a thick sweet-smelling concoction that reminds me of an exotic Arabesque dessert.
“Golden Glow 2 in 1 Scrub and Mask with honey, saffron and argan oil: For a soft, supple and glowing complexion. The strong combination of Honey, Saffron and Argan Oil enriches this mask with amino acid, peptide and vitamins that have multiple benefits.” – Izil catalogue.
The Izil Golden Glow Face Mask claims the following:
- Provides oxygen to the skin, which thereby stimulates blood circulation, resulting in an overall glowing, luminous complexion.
- Attracts moisture and retains the skin’s natural moisture levels.
- Helps prevent the early signs of wrinkles, and is a great mask for dry, dehydrated skin.
- Improves overall skin suppleness and elasticity.
- Tightens the pores, and helps eliminate unsightly blemishes.
- Honey: For deep skin hydration, and overall suppleness.
- Saffron: A very prized, royal ingredient, saffron is believed to have skin brightening properties.
- Argan Oil: Izil uses Argan Oil in its purest, unadulterated form. The brand sells this oil on its own as well. Click here to learn about the beauty benefits of argan oil.
Tezzy’s Take on the Izil Golden Glow Face Mask
When I first opened this jar, I was so tempted to give its contents a lick! The Izil Golden Glow Face Mask smells divinely delicious. The scent is sweet and exotic, and reminds me of an Arabesque dessert who’s name escapes me.
The mask itself is thick and sticky. It has the appearance of whipped honey, and you can see a few strands of saffron running through it.
A little goes a long way. I only need a coin-sized dollop for my entire face and neckline. Using the mask is sticky business. I wear an old worn-out tee when I treat my face to this.
As per instructions, I leave the mask on for 10 minutes, then use it to exfoliate before rinsing it all off.
Despite its honey-based stickiness, the mask cleans off very easily. However, I do not think it is coarse enough to claim to be an exfoliater. I would have liked a bit of grittiness added in for texture.
After rinsing off the mask, my skin feels instantly hydrated and refreshed. I finish off with a few squirts of the Izil Argan Oil.
I have been using the Izil Gloden Glow Face Mask twice a week, for the past two weeks and am loving this product so far. The scent itself is an aromatic treat, and it leaves my skin feeling soft, supple, well hydrated and pampered. I also love the fact that it is a 100% natural mask sans any nasty parabans and preservatives.
What I Love About the Izil Golden Glow Face Mask
- It smells delicious!
- Its 100% natural sans any chemical nasties, synthetic colours and fragrances, parabans and preservatives.
- It works wonderfully at hydrating the skin, and gives my complexion an overall suppleness and glow.
What I Don’t Like So Much
- The mask claims to work as a scrub as well. It is lacking on texture to work as an exfoliater.
Product Pricing & Availability
The Izil Golden Glow Face Mask can be bought from the Izil stores in Festival City (Dubai) and Dalma Mall (Abu Dhabi).
Izil also does free delivery across the UAE! Whatsapp them on +971 558 243 993 for order placements.
Look up more of their amazing Argan Oil based beauty products on their website, I bet you’ll be as hooked as I am!