Many of you have been asking about the lipstick shade I wore in this very colourful #selfie on Instagram below. Ladies, let me introduce you to my current favorite shade by MAC, this is their ‘berry’ beautiful ‘Flat Out Fabulous’.
I am a huge fan of bright, happy lipsticks, and love the gorgeous berry purple of Flat Out Fabulous.
It is a part of MAC’s Retro Matte range. It’s very matte finish along with the bright pigmentation makes it look ‘oh so glamorously retro’!
Being matte makes this striking shade very wearable from day to night, and I believe it will suit a whole range of skin tones. Here’s a swatch on my skin:
What I love About the MAC Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick
- The pigmentation of this lipstick is ah-mazing! Just look at the swatch above. That is just one coating of lipstick.
- Even if you shy away from bright lipsticks, MAC’s Flat Out Fabulous is a very wearable shade given its also matte.
- It’s matte! I have never been a fan of high-gloss lips, so MAC’s ‘retro matte’ range has my full attention.
- I love the iconic packaging of MAC lipsticks. The black bullet-shaped outer is very classy and compact.
- The lipstick has a lovely scent of vanilla. You can get it from the first whiff, but thankfully it is not overpowering, and fades away in a few minutes.
The ‘Not So Good’ About the MAC Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick
- This lipstick can be very drying. You really have to scrub and prime your lips before using this shade as it can reveal a multitude of sins.
- It definitely isn’t kiss-proof, and I tend to stain my coffee cups.
- After 3 hours or so, I tend to need a touch-up to keep it looking peppy.
Pricing & Availability
MAC’s Flat Out Fabulous lipstick is from the brand’s ‘Retro Matte’ range, and is available in all MAC stores across the UAE. It retails for AED 115.