What’s even better than an awesome, understanding friend? A friend who can cook ofcourse 🙂 My dear friend Hema is a legend in the kitchen. I shared her impressive spread from last Christmas here, and she totally outdid herself in Christmas 2015.
One of the highlights on her Christmas table last month was a succulently juicy, hefty leg of lamb. Hers weighed just over 4 kilos!
Hema has generously shared her recipe for Rosemary & Garlic Rack of Lamb with us. She did hers in the oven, but swears it would be even better on the barbecue grill. Given it’s barbecue season, why not try this piece of decadence for yourself?
Hema’s Rosemary & Garlic Rack of Lamb Recipe
1 kg Lamb Shoulder
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 tablespoon canned green peppercorns, chopped
1) Place lamb on a shallow dish.
2) Combine wine, oil, garlic, rosemary, mint and peppercorns in a small bowl and pour over the lamb. Turn over and coat well.
3) Cover with cling wrap and let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
4) Preheat barbeque grill on high.
5) Drain lamb, and cook for 5 minutes on both sides.
6) Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes (for medium-rare) or more for well-done.
7) Transfer to a serving platter, and cover with foil. Set aside for 15 minutes before serving.
8) Slice up the lamb in generously thick slices, and enjoy with sauces of your choice!
Thanks for the recipe Hema! Hope you guys love it as much as we did, cheers xoxo