Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is a multi-purpose dry oil that can be used all over the body, inclusive of the face, body and hair. This multitasking beauty oil hails from France, and has a cult following from all over the globe. Apparently 1 bottle of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is sold every 5 seconds somewhere in the world!
I had the privilege of being a Reader Judge for Aquarius magazine’s annual Aquarius Beauty Heroes edition featuring top beauty products for 2015. Do look out for me in the October issue of Aquarius! As a Reader Judge, we went through a mountain of beauty goodies,and this is where I got my first whiff of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse.
MULTI-PURPOSE DRY OIL – FACE, BODY, HAIR. NOURISHES, REPAIRS, SOFTENS – WITH 6 PRECIOUS PLANT OILS. With a uniquely high concentration of 6 Precious Plant Oils and Vitamin E, this comprehensive treatment is quickly absorbed, for silky-smooth skin and beautifully glossy hair in a single step. Its inimitable fragrance and dry-oil texture have made it a favorite among women for more than 20 years. – Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse packaging.
- 6 Precious Botanical Oils:
- Sweet Almond,
- St. John’s Wort.
- Vitamin E
- The gorgeous, gorgeous scent! Obsessed with it.
- The gorgeous, gorgeous bottle!
- The silky, smooth texture of the oil. It moisturizes without being overly oily.
- It’s loaded with skin-loving natural goodness. 97.8% of the ingredients are natural!
- Contains no nasty preservatives.
- It’s multi-tasking! As a moisturizer for the face, body and even the hair, I’m definitely carrying this bottle with me the next time I’m travelling.
The Not So Good:
- Some people might find the scent a little too overpowering.
- However, I wish it would last longer! The scent dies out on me by midday.
- The packaging, although gorgeous, can be a little dodgy. Firstly, its glass. Secondly its a spray-on oil. The sum of both can lead to a greasy, scary accident in the shower. Careful peeps!
- The spray bottle doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. In one spritz, it not only makes a slippery mess of the glass bottle, but can be a waste of precious product. I spray it onto my palms and use as a dab-on oil.
- At AED 179 for a 100 ml bottle, the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse can be a pretty steep buy.
Tezzy’s Experience with Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
I fell in love with the heavy floral scent. To my nose, it is a bouquet of jasmine, vanilla and hazelnut (although, strangely, the ingredients listing does not mention jasmine!). It smells sensual, deep and almost vintage to me, and wearing this scent evokes a sense of ladylike gracefulness.
I am also a fan of multi-tasking beauty products, and given I have normal to dry skin, I love body oils. The cherry on the cake was when I discovered that Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is made up of 97.8% natural ingredients! I had to get myself a bottle, and what a gorgeous bottle at that!
Lucky me, I got my hands on the limited edition Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse bottle that features a a very glamorous Mademoiselle Prodigieuse, a spontaneous, fun-loving young lady who’s sensuality is believed to be the epitome of the Nuxe brand. How pretty is the bottle?!
Apart from the safety hazards of being made of glass and having the inconvenience of coming in a spray-on format (as mentioned above), the bottle looks tres chic, and more akin to an expensive perfume packaging.
The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is a dry oil. It has an oily texture that dries within 10 seconds leaving a silky, smooth sheen. I did not find this product greasy at all. My skin seems to be lapping it up, as is my dry, over-colored hair.
I found this oil great for:
- Mixing into my night cream for added skin hydration. I woke up with dewy, soft skin.
- Rubbing into dry cuticles.
- Using it as a scent for my hair! It doesn’t leave my mane limp and greasy like most oils, and I love how beautifully scented and glossy it makes my hair.
- Summer legs! The silky sheen makes legs look longer and sexier 😉 For more body shimmer, the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse also comes in a ‘Shimmering Dry Oil’ version. Planning to get my hands on that next!
The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is the very first product I’ve tried from the Nuxe range, and will definitely not be my last. Best of all, when I bought the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse from Boots Pharmacy, I got a full-sized Nuxe eye cream free! Will be reviewing the eye cream soon, stay tuned!
A 100 ml bottle of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse retails for AED 179, and is available at select Boots Pharmacy and Paris Gallery stores nationwide.