‘When’ face masks are the latest sheet-masks to hit the UAE beauty scene.
The Koreans are pioneers of the sheet-mask concept, and it is of little wonder that the ‘When’ brand also hails from Korea.
I tried the ‘When Makeup Base’ mask this weekend, just before a special date night with hubby, and loved what it did for my complexion.
The ‘When Makeup Base’ Mask Promise:
Guarantees to turn the skin absolutely flawless (sans flakiness and enlarged pores) to ensure the skin is smooth, firm and ready for makeup application. After all, makeup can never look right without a fabulous base!
- Collagen, Peptides & Adenosine: to moisturize the skin, and improve its elasticity and firmness.
- Glycerin and Sodium Hyaluronate: for additional skin moisturizing.
- Grapefruit Seed, Bamboo Stem, Pine Leaf & Ginseng: to improve overall skin health.
My Experience with the ‘When Makeup Base’ Mask:
As per package instructions, I cleansed and dried my face before application.
The sheet mask was surprisingly easy to unfold (I’ve used sheet masks in the past, and have struggled with this step!).
I love the texture of the mask itself. It is firm, easy to smooth onto the face, and far from flimsy. I also love the fact that it is made of coconut!
The serum is a little sticky, but not runny. After the first 15 minutes, it is nearly dry on my face which goes to show that the natural coconut sheet definitely makes the serum transfer into the skin more effectively as compared to common cotton sheet masks.
The mask is very easy to remove, and I was left with just the adequate amount of serum on my face to use as a base for my sunscreen.
I used a foundation right after, and the makeup glided on effortlessly. The ‘When Makeup Base’ mask definitely kept its promise at making the skin look closer to flawless, and my skin felt well moisturized with little to no sign of enlarged pores or flakiness.
I would recommend this mask right before a special night out, and need to get my hands on another one of these gorgeous green packs!
What I Liked About the ‘When Makeup Base’ Mask:
- I have used a number of sheet masks in the past, and have always struggled with unfolding them. The ‘When’ mask is enveloped between two layers of packing, the base being a stiffer plastic that makes the mask easy to handle.
- The mask itself is made of coconut! How eco-friendly is that!
- The mask was easy to smooth onto the face, and did not budge for the 30 minutes I wore it despite sipping on coffee!
- You can even talk with this mask on!
- The mask is free of chemical nasties including Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates.
- The residue serum leftover after the mask was removed was light, yet moisturizing and worked beautifully under makeup.
- The mask delivered on its ‘flawless’ promise, as my skin looked smoother throughout the day, and enlarged pores were also far less visible.
What I Didn’t Like About the ‘When Makeup Base’ Mask:
- I wish these masks were sold individually! I want more of the ‘Makeup Base’ Mask (although I am yet to try the others).
The ‘When’ masks are not sold individually. ‘When’ masks come in 5 different variations which are sold together in one gift box retailing at AED 159. The ‘When Special Package’ is exclusively available at Sephora Middle East.
I’m still trying to figure out why the brand is called ‘When’. Perhaps its because the box of 5 masks each have a specific time of use, i.e. when you need a flawless base, use the ‘Makeup Base’ mask. I can’t wait to try out the other 4!
For more information on When masks, visit their website, and follow them on Instagram. #whenmasksME