We were at Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa last weekend. It was a one-night stay, and hubby was already grumbling about how I tend to over-pack.
To be honest, I’m pretty sensible when it comes to packing clothing. I take the bare essentials. It’s the toiletries that weigh me down. However, this time round, I think I pretty much nailed it. Here’s a look into my beauty must-haves for a weekend away:
In holiday mode, I like to keep my makeup to the bare minimum. A few coats of mascara and a bright lippy are my ammunition of choice to get that ‘barely there, yet fresh’ look.
- Lush Lipstick: I love Lush lipsticks. Not only are they loaded with organic goodness, but their shades have high pigmentation for that striking note of color that lasts all day. Glugging down water on a road trip? No issues. Sip-proof, kiss-proof, bright and bold. I rest my case. Check out my favorite shades of Lush lipsticks here.
- No7 Lash Impact Intense Volume Control Mascara: As I don’t use any other form of eye makeup on a short trip away, I prefer a mascara that really delivers on the lash drama. This pretty glittery red tube really delivers on this front. Read more about it in my previous post here.
- Benefit’s Porefessional: This nifty little product comes in one shade that suits all complexions. It mattifies and smoothes out the skin upon application. I know its actually a pore-filler, but on lazy holiday mode I use it as an overall foundation.
- Benefit’s Majorette Blush: I fell in love with this cute little cupcake-like packaging, and the blush itself is just as peachy! With a cream to powder finish, this lovely blush does a great job at recreating that holiday glow.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Hydrating Facial Mist: If you’ve been reading my previous beauty posts, you’ll be like ‘enough already, we get it. You’re obsessed with this product!’. A road-trip in the UAE summers, and a spritz of this gorgeous mist on your face. Trust me, you’ll thank me for the introduction. For those of you who’ve missed out on me raving, read all about it here.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O: I read somewhere that 12 bottles of this makeup remover is sold somewhere around the globe every minute. If you’ve used this product, you’ll understand why its so popular. It really does get rid of every trace of makeup with one easy swipe of cotton. I saved this cute little sampler bottle that I refill for trips!
And here’s my bag of toiletries:
- Lush Angels on Bare Skin: Mildly exfoliating, loaded with organic goodness, and a full-bodied aromatherapeutic scent, this gorgeous facial cleanser is a sacred ritual on its own. I wouldn’t survive a day without it! Read more about my Lush experience here.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm: This product is ingenuity in a jar! Certified 99% organic and loaded with skin-loving goodness, this beauty balm multitasks as a cleanser, nourishing mask, a highly moisturizing face cream and a therapeutic facial massage balm. Oh the versatility, I’m addicted! Read my thorough review on this miraculous balm here.
- Soap & Glory: I love the sweet scent of this pretty Barbie-pink range, and to prolong that scent I take an old page out of the beauty bible; fragrance layering! By using Soap & Glory’s Shea Butter Sugar & Peach Seed Body Scrub and following it up with generous smears of Soap & Glory’s Righteous Butter, I smell sweet as! The scrub feels great after a long day in the pool, and the body butter really replenishes dehydrated skin. These cute little tubs are 50 grams each, and fit perfectly into my toiletries bag. They are a part of the Soap & Glory Soaper Heroes Gift Set.
- Macadamia Natural Oil: I love hair-care range. I bought the gift-set with the cute miniature bottles for an overseas trip, and saved these to refill for weekends away. Made of organic ingredients and loaded with the goodness of macadamia nut oil, these products smell divine. Love their shampoo, but my favorite product has to be their Healing Oil Treatment, which is essentially a leave-in conditioner.
- Herbline Essentials Sunscreen SPF 40: How can we possibly go on a weekend break without sunscreen? *Shudder* I love this particular sunscreen as its made of organic ingredients, is very light on the skin, does not leave an unsightly white residue, and best of all it can be used on children too. A must for the travel bag, read more about it here.
- Lancaster SPF 30 Body Sunscreen: I carried this tube along for the pool-side. Remember to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours!
That’s my beauty stash for a weekend away. What do you carry?