I’m always on the lookout for high-quality beauty products that can multi-task, and was therefore super excited when I came across Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm.
This ingenious little pot of goodness is four beauty steps rolled into one: it can be used as a cleanser, nourishing mask, a highly moisturizing face cream and a therapeutic facial massage balm!
Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm is one of the brand’s most loved products, and it has won a number of prestigious beauty awards. To commemorate Neal’s Yard Remedies’ 10th anniversary, the Wild Rose Beauty Balm packaging got a facelift! In collaboration with artist Alice Shields, the stunningly flowery fuchsia design is a limited edition only, so I had to get my hands on this jar!
Like all Neal’s Yard Remedies products, the Wild Rose Beauty Balm is made of high-quality organic products, and this particular jar is certified to be 99% organic.
In tune with the pretty floral limited edition packaging, the ingredients making up this beauty balm is a bouquet of skin-loving goodness:
- Rosehip Oil: this oil is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C, and works wonders for anti-aging. Vitamin C can help smooth out wrinkles, and give the skin a healthy, radiant glow.
- Shea Butter: this deeply moisturizing natural nut butter provides unsurpassed protection from the elements, and is easily absorbed into the skin.
- Jojoba Oil & Beeswax: to condition the skin and help it absorb the essential oil blend.
- Borage & Hemp Seed Oils: rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids for optimal skin nourishment.
- Geranium & Rosemary Essential Oils: soothes, balances and decongests the skin.
- Frankincense & Patchouli Essential Oils: soothe and tone the skin.
- Palmarose Oil: a highly effective purifying oil to help the skin balance its natural oil equilibrium.
With so many beautifully scented floral additives, it is no surprise that Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm smells absolutely divine. Opening up the jar gives off a whiff of aromatherapy. It’s like a spa in a jar!
The balm is indulgently rich, and has a pale yellow color probably owing to the Shea Butter and beeswax. The texture is waxy and thick, and melts into an oil form when rubbed between the fingertips.
Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm can be used as:
- An Exfoliating Cleanser: Gently massage the balm all over the face in circular motion. Wipe off with a muslin cloth that has been soaked in warm water. The balm comes with a complimentary organic-cotton muslin cloth.
- Balancing Mask: Apply the balm to freshly cleansed skin (yes, you can just use the balm for this!). Soak the muslin cloth in warm water, and cover the face with this to open up the pores and allow the balm to penetrate deep within. Repeat. Remove the cloth, and relax for 30 minutes before wiping off the balm with a hot, wet muslin cloth. Finish off by dipping the muslin cloth in cold water and cover the face to close up the pores. Pat dry.
- Nourishing Balm: Apply sparingly to freshly-cleansed areas of dry, dehydrated skin. I have even used this balm all over my face as a rich night cream.
- Full Facial Treatment: The product comes with a leaflet with instructions on how to give yourself a facial massage with the balm. A good facial massage will encourage blood flow and help with lymph drainage for a more supple, radiant complexion.
Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm is a real treat. My skin absolutely loves it, and I have been religiously doing all four steps twice a week. It gives my skin a rejuvenated glow, and that scent is just magical. It is my daily dose of aromatherapy after a long, hard day at work. This balm really is a spa treatment in a jar!
The only downside of this product is the price. As they say, quality will cost you! A 50 gram jar of Neal’s Yard Remedies’ Wild Rose Beauty Balm retails for AED 470, and is available in all Neal’s Yard Remedies outlets across the UAE.