Avocado & honey are the perfect ingredients for an indulgent health-boosting smoothie, but have you ever considered this combo as a part of your beauty regime?
I decided to smear this combo on my face. Best decision ever!
Avocado Honey Mask Recipe
- Half a ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
Step 1: Roughly mash up the two ingredients into a bowl.
Step 2: Apply a thick layer onto the face, and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
Step 3: When you feel the mask tightening slightly, wet the tips of your fingers with water and massage the mask into the skin.
Step 4: Wash off with warm water, and moisturize as usual.
The Verdict: The mask can be a little messy to put on. Make sure you have enough time on hand to lay back and relax. This is not a mask that allows multi-tasking. I enjoyed Step 3 best. The mask feels a little slimy at first, but once the avocado bits get worked into the skin, the mixture feels very creamy and pampering on the skin. After washing it all off, my skin felt baby soft and supple. This is the perfect mask for quenching dry, tired skin.
On their own, avocado and honey have many beneficial properties for the skin. This mask takes advantage of both ingredients for a powerfully hydrating skincare regime that is cost effective and easy to do.
Skincare Benefits from Avocado:
- Avocados are loaded with antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental damage and premature aging.
- Avocado is rich in the beauty vitamin, Vitamin E! This protects the skin from free radicals and the harmful effects of UVA and UVB, and keeps skin youthfully supple.
- Avocado also contains Vitamin C which is essential for the production of collagen and elastin, the building blocks for skin firmness.
- Avocados have high oleic acid content. This mono-saturated fatty acid ensures the epidermal layer of the skin is well moisturized, and aids in repairing damaged and irritated skin.
Skincare Benefits from Honey:
- Honey has antibacterial properties, and can keep acne at bay.
- Like avocadoes, honey is loaded with skin-beneficial antioxidants that aid in slowing down the aging process.
- Honey is extremely moisturizing.
- Using honey on the skin unclogs and clarifies the pores for a deep, nourishing clean.
With all these beautifying benefits of avocados and honey, add both to your diet and use leftovers for this yummy edible mask!
You might also like to try out the Milk Mask and the Chocolate Mask.