I found this little sampler tub in my goodie bag from the Sephora Middle East event last month, and it has become a staple in my handbag ever since.
Brand new under the Sephora umbrella, this Sephora Whipped Cream Body Moisturizer with Watermelon Extract is delightfully light and airy, and has a cooling effect when it comes in contact with the skin. It has a delicious scent of freshly cut watermelon which makes it ideal for the increasingly hot weather we are destined to face in the coming months, and best of all, it is sensitive enough to share with little ones.
“A comfortable body moisturizer with a featherweight texture that provides light, silky moisture all day long.”
In a consumer test on 100 participants, after the first application:
– 95% reported it penetrates instantly
– 97% reported it is rich and creamy
– 93% reported their skin felt soft and supple all day long
– 92% reported skin felt comfortable all day long
– 90% reported skin feels velvety
– 74% reported Skin feels like silk
The above claims were taken from the Sephora website.
- Natural Watermelon Extract: Acts as a natural skin moisturizer and coolant.
- Shea Butter: For added skin hydration.
Tezzy’s Take on the Sephora Whipped Cream Body Moisturizer
I like the simple yet chic packaging of this little tub. Like most products under the Sephora label, it comes with a classic black lid and the bottom casing is a pretty, feminine pale peach.
The scent of fresh watermelon hits you as soon as the lid comes off. The contents of the tub look deceptively thick and heavy, but it lives up to the product name and really does have the texture of whipped cream. It is light and airy, and has a deliciously cooling effect as soon as it comes into contact with the skin.
I love how this cream manages to be so hydrating on my normal to dry skin without leaving an oily, heavy residue. The scent of fresh watermelon makes it ideal for the warmer weather, and as this cream is made for all skin types (including sensitive skin), I even allow my toddler to use it as a hand moisturizer.
The Sephora Whipped Cream Moisturizer has become a staple in my hand-bag. It was especially handy when the family and I embarked on a three-hour long road trip to Tilal Liwa and back (more on that soon!). This cream is ideal as an all-over body moisturizer, and is especially refreshing when used after a long, idle day by the pool.
This product claims to keep the skin hydrated all day long, but I still required reapplications every few hours or so. The watermelon scent, although very refreshing, can be a little too sweet for those who are not inclined towards fruity scents. Thankfully the scent dies down after an hour or so, and is not too overpowering.
My wee 50 ml sampler tub is nearly empty, and I will have to make a trip down to my local Sephora store for a full-sized version real soon.
Why I Love the Sephora Whipped Cream Moisturizer with Watermelon Extract
- It smells absolutely delicious! The scent of freshly cut watermelon has a refreshing effect on the senses, and lasts for quite a few hours.
- Living up to the product’s name, the texture of this cream is light and airy like whipped cream.
- The cream has a cooling effect on the skin upon first contact itself.
- The cream absorbs into the skin beautifully without any greasy after-effect.
- This cream is free of nasty parabens, and is enriched with natural watermelon extract to hydrate and refresh the skin.
- This cream is safe enough for sensitive skin, thereby making it ideal for the entire family.
- The sweet scent of watermelon might be too overpowering if you are not into fruity notes.
- This product claims to provide all-day moisturizing, but for my normal to dry skin, I need to reapply every 4 hours or so.
The Sephora Whipped Cream Moisturizer with Watermelon Extract was launched especially for Summer 2016, and is available in all Sephora stores across the Middle East.