Although I have normal to dry skin, I love a good mud mask every now and then. A tightening mud treatment pulls out the excess oil and grime which we are all prone to given the heat and humidity of the UAE.
I came home with a wee travel-sized 15 gram pot of the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment from the Sephora Fall 2017 event. This brand is synonymous for mud masks, and their packaging is always beyond gorgeous.
What is the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment?
A luxurious mud mask created for common skin concerns, especially for oily skin.
This quick-drying mud mask works as a magnet for seeping out skin impurities without disrupting the natural oil balance.
This mask works best for tackling the following skin issues:
- razor bumps
- in-grown hair
This mask is perfect for oily and combination skin-types.
- Potent trademarked mud formula: supports the skin’s natural oil balance, while a proprietary blend of six acids works to dramatically brighten and soften the complexion.
- Activated-X charcoal: lifts away dirt and other skin congestions, resulting in a refined, healthy-looking complexion.
- Glycolic, Salicylic and Lactic Acids: work together to heal damaged skin and smooth pigmentation, whilst deeply nourishing the complexion.
Tezzy’s Experience with the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment
First off, I love the packaging! This wee 15 gram pot in white and silver is too adorable for its own good, and would easily fit into my skincare kit when travelling.
Opening a pot of GlamGlow is always a treat. You never know what to expect! What first hit me was the scent. It smelt like licorice to me at first, and then I got a deeper rooted hit of herbal eucalyptus.
I find this scent to be very calming and perfect for my little bout of me-time.
The product itself is a deep charcoal grey with a wet mud-like consistency. I use a brush to apply it evenly across my face.
The mask tightens almost instantly, and turns a pale off-white as you can see from my #MaskSelfie
#MorningMasking Trying out the @glamglow SuperMud Clearing Treatment✨ . . Lately my skin feels very clogged up and in need of some serious 'mudding'. This mask smells like licorice to me! Love how it tightens up in minutes, and the skin looks visibly clearer when washed off ✨ . . Clogged pores? Acne blemishes? Oily T-Zone? This mask is made for you✨ . . Available at @sephoramiddleeast ✨ . . @glamglowme @glamglowuk @glamglowcanada #glamglow #glamglowmask #glamglowselfie #glamglowsupermud #glamglowsupermudclearingtreatment #maskselfie #sephora @sephora @theqode #sephoramiddleeast #skincareblog #beautyblog #mudmask #maskselfie #huffpostwomen #bblogger #beautyblog #dubaibeautyblog #onmyface #dubaiblogger #hellohelwa #skincareroutine #skincaremusthaves #beautyedit #beauty #skincareblog #nofilterbeautyblogger #nofilterselfie #mudmasking #lovemudding #mudding #minibeautyreview #dubaiblog #kiwiblogger
I quite like the tightening effect. It makes me feel my pores are really being worked on, and all that unreachable scum is finally being pulled out like a magnet.
The recommended time for keeping this mask on is either 5, 10 or 20 minutes.
When washed off, my face looks visibly clean and refreshed.
On the downside, my skin also felt rather dry and I was reaching out for a facial oil right after. Given I have normal to dry skin, this mask isn’t made for me. However, on certain days, I have been using it as a spot treatment solely for my T-zone.
I also have to confess I did the whole 20 minutes the very first time I used this mask! Best to keep it at a safe 10 for skin like mine.
My husband’s skin gears more towards oily, and with alot of coaxing, he’s tried this mask too! Yes, this is a unisex mask. High time more men took their skin seriously too.
- Smells insanely good! The feisty hit of eucalyptus is just the ‘perk me up’ my skin needs.
- Dries pretty quickly, and has a firming effect on the skin.
- Adorable packaging! Perfect for travel.
- Free of nasty Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates.
- Can be very drying, so best suited for oily skin types or for spot treatments.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin, and using sunscreen post-masking is strongly advised.
- Quite messy when washing off. Reserve as a weekend treat!
- At AED 280 for the full-sized 50 gram pot, this is quite an expensive mud mask.
Product Pricing & Availability
The GlamGlow mask range is available at all Sephora stores across the Middle East, and also online on Sephora.ae
The GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment retails for AED 280 for the full-sized 50 gram pot.