I got introduced to the Origins skincare brand at the Sephora Fall 2017 event last month, and am so glad we now have this range available in our region. First off, this absolutely stunning natural skincare brand was conceptualized and created by William P. Lauder (grandson of the Estee Lauder beauty empire).
And secondly (and perhaps more importantly), despite the high quality and the luxury cosmetics association, the Origins skincare range is super affordable to boot!
I was given a tube of the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, my very first product from this brand, and wanted to share my insights with you…
What is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask?
As the name suggests, this is a highly hydrating mask. The creamy formulation is loaded with skin-loving natural ingredients to work on the skin while you sleep.
The secret to great skin is fairly straightforward; keep it hydrated inside and out. A hectic lifestyle, stark heat and humidity, and daily exposure to pollution robs our skin of precious moisture.
Apart from downing eight glasses of water a day, it is vital to use a range of skin hydrating formulations to keep moisture levels in check.
This luxurious mask features a number of nature’s most nourishing nightcaps to help skin ‘drink up’ lost reservoirs of moisture. Best of all, it works while you sleep!
“Put dry skin to bed with this ultra-rich, hydrating overnight mask. Avocado and Apricot Kernel Oils deeply and instantly quench compromised moisture reserves and help build a reservoir for tomorrow. While Japanese Seaweed helps repair skin’s barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging. Skin awakens comfortable, refreshed, supple.” – Origins website.
- Plant Glycerin: Highly nourishing natural ingredient.
- Hyaluronic Acid: read up on its benefits by clicking here.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: instantly quenches dehydrated skin.
- Avocado Oil & Mango Butter: help maintain the moisture levels of the skin.
- Japanese Seaweed: repairs the skin’s barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging.
How to use the Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask:
Simply massage onto cleansed skin before bed, and tissue off the excess.
This mask is best suited for normal to dry skin, and the recommended use is twice a week.
This product is also very versatile! Apart from being used as a mask, it can also:
- Be used for spot treatments, including dry elbows and knees.
- As a base for shaving.
- The easy squeeze-tube packaging makes it ideal for travel.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
I love overnight masks! They are super easy to use; simply substitute your regular bedtime cream and apply on cleansed face. Tissue off access, and go off to bed.
This mask has a creamy appearance, and a cooling effect upon contact with the skin.
It has a sweet-smelling scent accentuated with apricot, and reminds me of iced fruit lollies. I like the scent, but find it a little distracting for bedtime. Thankfully it fades away in an hour or so.
The mask isn’t sticky, and feels like a regular thick face cream. So no mess on the pillow covers!
Come morning, and my face has this unmistakable glow. It’s like my skin is shouting out a ‘thank-you’ for all that pampering hydration.
The instructions recommend a twice-weekly usage, or as needed but I was hooked! I’ve been using this mask every night for the past one week and loving how soft, supple and refreshed it looks throughout the day.
I would highly recommend this mask for busy girls like me, and its especially great for drier, maturing skin.
- Loaded with high-quality natural ingredients that work together to give parched skin a much-need ‘drink-up’.
- Super easy to use! Just replace your regular bedtime cream and have a snooze.
- The skin looks visibly hydrated upon waking the next morning.
- This product does not contain any harmful Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates.
- Origins does not test on animals, but rather on a volunteer panel (visit Origins.com for details).
- At AED 119 for a 100 ml tube loaded with natural ingredients, the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask is great value for money.
- Maybe its just me, but I find the sweet-smelling scent to be more suitable for the day. For a nightcap, I’d prefer something more calming like lavender or deep, woody frankincense.
- This product is not suitable for oily skin-types.
Product Pricing & Availability
The Origins skincare brand is now exclusively available across all Sephora stores in the Middle East. You can also order it online from Sephora.ae