Balloons are synonymous for happy days, a happy childhood. A helium balloon, hanging on to a string, is a little piece of magic for young children. As a little girl I always daydreamed of flying off like Mary Poppins with a bouquet of brightly colored balloons, and my heart sank whenever I lost one to the clouds.
Last week this big, cheerful box arrived in my post and reignited childhood memories. This is the Balloonee Helium Kit, an ultra cute, ultra convenient pack that allows you to make helium balloons yourself. Wish we had these when we were kids!
What is the Balloonee Helium Kit?
Balloonee is a party in a box! This kit comes with the following items that allow you to blow up helium balloons of your own in no time:
- A cheerfully yellow portable, lightweight tank with 8.9 ft3 of helium (enough to inflate up to 30, 9″ latex balloons; 16, 11″ latex balloons; or 16, 18″ foil/Mylar balloons).
- 30 balloons (9″ latex balloons)
- A spool of white ribbon
How to use the Balloonee Helium Kit
The helium tank comes with a rotating tap. A nozzle is inserted at the mouth of the opening. A helium balloon can be blown up in 3 easy steps:
- Rotate the tap 4 times.
- Insert a balloon onto the nozzle.
- Press the nozzle to allow the helium gas to fill the balloon.
The kit comes with ribbon for tying up the balloons.
Here’s a very helpful, animated video from Balloonee demonstrating ease of use:
Our Experience with the Balloonee Helium Kit
I loved the cheerful-looking box as soon as I saw it! The bright yellow balloon mascot that vaguely resembles a Minion predominates the artwork. We don’t put off eating cake till birthdays, so why restrict some helium balloon fun till then? Yes, I was probably just as excited to try out this kit as my 6 year old!
The kit needs no particular assembling apart from pushing on the nozzle to the tank. I also like the fact that the tank itself is very light and portable. Would be super convenient for offsite parties.
The only bit that takes a little practice is getting just the right amount of helium gas into each balloon. We popped a couple with gas overload, and another flew off after it was tied.
By the fourth balloon, we were pros! We had this bunch of 12 ready in under 10 minutes, much to the excitement of my little one. She had so much fun pacing about the garden posing with these!
We really must get a kit for her next birthday bash, it would be a hit with her little friends.
Here’s a few helpful videos to sort out any of the common issues with the Balloonee Kit:
Why I Love the Balloonee Helium Kit
- Such a novel concept! Why pay a fortune for helium balloons when you can blow up a bunch of 30 yourself?
- The kit looks ultra cute!
- The helium gas is non-flammable and ultra safe to use.
- The tank can be easily disposed of, and is not an ecological danger.
The Not So Good
- This tank is not refillable. However, Brothers Gas does sell other options that are refillable.
- This kit is only sufficient for 30 standard balloons. However, the Jumbo version of this kit allows you to fill 50.
Product Pricing & Availability
The Balloonee Standard Helium Kit retails for AED 129, and the Jumbo Kit retails for AED 199. For more information on the Balloonee product range, visit their website Balloonee.com
Balloonee kits can be bought from EgasWorld.com