What’s even better than warm, freshly baked cookies? Warm, freshly baked cookies that have been beautifully boxed up just for me by a very talented friend! Agriculturalist turned recipe blogger Fahmim Arif reminisces about the beautifully crumbly, textured Nankhatai, a buttery cookie that is ever so popular in the East Indian state of Assam (India) where we both originate.
Fahmim discovered orange blossom when she landed here in the UAE, and recreated her favorite cookies with a dash of flavor from her adopted home. Read on for her recipe.
Fahmim’s Orange Blossom Nankhatai Cookies Recipe
- Flour 150 G
- Icing Sugar 70 G
- Canola Oil 130 ML
- Orange Blossom Water 30 ML
- Orange 1 (ZESTED)
- In a big mixing bowl put everything together.
- Using fingers work your way through to get a crumb-like structure which forms a ball when pressed together.
- Make small balls and place them on a greased and lined baking tray and press very gently with one finger.
- Bake for 12-15 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
- The base should change color to light brown
- Let them cool before putting in containers.
For more delightful recipes and drool-worthy clicks, do check out Fahmim’s blog www.mymagicingredient.com