I started blogging for my sheer love for writing, but just a few months into this digital arena, I’ve come to realize a good blog is so much more than that. Readers expect good, concise and useful content, and above all, they want photos… really good, high quality photos! Blame it on Instagram, but the online world has taken advantage of our need for soaking in information ‘ASAP’, and the inner child in all of us will always have a penchant for pretty pix!
#roadtrip essentials 😊 On our way to yet another adventure, this time at @tilalliwahotel 1) #Leather satchel from @eccoarabia 2) Panasonic LUMIX GF7K Camera #PanasonicLumix #PanasonicLumixGF7K #TezzyLumix #Lumix #GF7 @panasonic_mea 3) Jenipapo #sunscreen from @loccitane_me 4) #lipgloss from @bobbibrownme 5) #sunnies @rayban #thetezzyfiles #travelblog #uaetravels #mydubai #myuae #travelessentials #inmybag #dubailifestyleblog
So out came my rusty DSLR, the very one we invested in when my daughter was born (the idea was to take very memorable, ‘awe’ inspiring photos of our little girl growing up but somewhere down the line, my memory cards got loaded with an endless lineup of food photography!).
DSLR’s take great pix, no doubt. But they are like the magic wand that only works best in the hands of the knowledgeable. I for one, never had the time or patience to research the manual, and always had it on ‘manual’ mode.
Fast-forward into a year of blogging, and I get invited to a tea party hosted by Panasonic Middle East. From their entire range of gadgets, I got fixated with their camera section… the Panasonic LUMIX GF7 to be precise. Styled to look rather retro with its leather exterior, this camera is as much a fashion accessory as it is a great camera! Ofcourse I got the one in pink… and it literally gets lugged around with me everywhere I go.
10 Reasons Why I Love My Panasonic LUMIX GF7 Camera:
- It looks so adorably cute! Love the retro styling, and I get asked about it very often.
- It’s perfectly sized: No more lugging around an over-sized DSLR that needs a separate bag of its own.Measuring just 106.5 x 64.6 x 33.3 mm and weighing a mere 236g without a lens attached or battery inserted, this little beauty can be carried in any of my regular-sized handbags.
- Wifi Enabled: The Panasonic LUMIX GF7 has a built-in Wifi feature that allows you to upload the images and videos into any of your other Wifi-enabled devices such as phones and laptops. You can even have multi-users at the same time, and share the photos with your friends on the spot! All you need to do is download the Panasonic app.
- Built in Filters: Move over Instagram, the Panasonic LUMIX GF7 has a total of 27 filters! From ‘Expressive’ to really make color contrasts pop out) and sepia, aged styles to artistic takes to make the likes of Van Gogh turn green, you can easily spend an entire afternoon playing with these.
- Selfie Enabled: The screen can be flipped outwards for selfies, and this too has its special skin-enhancing settings and an adjustable timer to ensure you’re pose-ready.
- LCD Touch Screen: This amply sized screen with easy to follow instructions, makes photography a breeze. You can even touch the area you want to focus on.
- Point and Shoot: Focusing and shooting with this little gem takes a quarter of the time I’d need with my DSLR. A great camera for a novice photographer like me.
- Impressively Fast Processing: The Panasonic LUMIX GF7 is ready to take a photo in half a second from the time it is turned on. It takes about 1 second to store a JPEG image, allowing shooting to continue as they are being recorded onto the memory card. Gotta love the ease of ‘point & shoots’!
- Upgrade-able Lenses: The Panasonic LUMIX GF7 comes with the standard Lumix G Vario 12-32mm F/3.5-5.6 lens, which I have been using for over a year now. You can buy any lenses from the Panasonic range, they are all compatible with this model.
- The Photography Payoff: I believe this camera has upped my photography skills a few notches! It is an ideal blogging tool that I would be lost without.