You met the sauve Chef Richard of Max restaurant on The Tezzy Files earlier. Today, he has kindly agreed to share one of his favorite authentically Filipino recipes with us: Nilagang Baka sa Buko.
This is a slow-cooked beef short-ribs broth with buko (or young coconut) juice. A decadent comfort food that’s so easy to make, I hope you will give this recipe a try.
Nilagang Baka sa Buko Recipe
1 kg beef short ribs, 1.5″x1.5″ cut
2 pc potato, peeled and cubed
1 pc carrot, peeled and cubed
4 pcs long beans, sliced
1/2 pc cabbage, cubed
1 tbsp oil
1 pc red onion, cubed
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 pcs buko, juice and meat
1 liter water
3 pcs Beef buoillon Cube
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
1. Pre-heat stock pot then add oil.
2. Saute garlic for 1 minute over medium flame.
3. Add beef short ribs and sear.
4. Add water and beef bouillon cubes and bring to boil for 10 minutes.
5. Add buko juice and meat.
6. Simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
7. Add all vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Serve warm #omnomnom