Craving a home-style Italian meal? I suggest you book a table at Romano’s Macaroni Grill.
Offering a trattoria (or casual dining) setting befitting of a memorable night out with friends and family, Romano’s Macaroni Grill has a line up of rustic Italian favorites including Lobster Ravioli, Cannelloni Bolognese and a very delicious Penne Rustica.
Dine at any of Romano Macaroni Grill’s six branches in the UAE (see their Facebook page for details), or try replicating their Penne Rustica at home.
Penne Rustica is a delicious medley of roasted chicken, shrimp, rosemary cream, prosciutto and parmesan.
Read on for the recipe by Romano’s Macaroni Grill:
½ fl oz ladle Canola Oil
½ tsp Shallots, chopped
½ oz Whole Proscuitto, julienned
5 pcs Shrimp (35/45), thawed
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper, table grind
6 fl oz ladle Gratinata sauce
8 oz Penne Pasta, pre-cooked
1 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/8 tsp Paprika
½ oz Roasted Red Peppers, julienned
¼ tsp Mediterranean Herb Mix
- Heat the sauté pan, add the canola oil. Add chopped shallots and prosciutto pieces and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add 3 oz chicken, then sauté until shrimp are golden in color (approximately 1 minute).
- Add Gratinata sauce and heat.
- Dip the Penne Pasta in a boiling, salted water until al dente and then drain thoroughly. Add pasta to the sauté pan.
- Place ingredients of the sauté pan in a serving plate with the shrimps on top and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
- Place dish in the oven and bake until golden brown.
- Garnish with julienne roasted red peppers and sprinkle with Mediterranean herb mix.