Isn’t online shopping an absolute Godsend? I for one am a total online shopping addict. Given my crazy busy schedule of working full-time, juggling home, mummyhood and a blog to boot, my trips to the malls in my off-times have become very limited. And don’t even get me started on weekend parking woes!
Given I am a beauty junkie (which lead me to beauty blogging in the first place), one of my favorite online stores is BasharaCare.com
Bashara Care boasts of one of the widest range of skincare, hair care and makeup needs in the Middle East, and they do same day delivery to beauty junkies like me living across UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. Yes you heard that right… same day delivery! These guys have absolutely amazing customer service!
Before I get too carried away about this online gold mine for beauty needs, let me tell you about my latest Bashara Care delivery; the Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream.
About Urban Veda
If you are a regular reader of The Tezzy Files, you will know by now that I have a special soft spot for natural organic skincare brands. I’ve used a few products from the Urban Veda range a couple of years ago when they first launched in our region, but only recently re-found them on BasharaCare.com
Launched in the UK in 2015, and having bagged a number of prestigious beauty awards already, the name ‘Urban Veda’ conjures up holistic beauty regimes from India. The brand uses the ancient principles of Ayurveda to recreate high-quality beauty products infused with the goodness of natural ingredients that have been tailored to the skincare needs of the 21st century.
Ayurvedic wisdom stems from addressing the different ‘doshas’, a term used to describe the physical and emotional tendencies of body and mind. On the Urban Veda website, you can actually do an online quiz to find your dosha type, and this will help narrow down your choices from the Urban Veda range.
The Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream is naturally formulated as per Ayurvedic principles to balance the Kapha dosha. This day cream is ideal for oily skin types.
“Mattify shine with our neem-infused Purifying Day Cream. A wonderfully light, yet hydrating moisturiser, Purifying Day Cream contains detoxifying botanicals including healing witch hazel and refreshing spearmint to treat spot-prone skin. Brimming with antioxidants, this day cream is perfect for protecting oily and acne-prone skin types.
This lightweight day moisturiser boasts both antiseptic and antibacterial properties with pore-reducing ingredients to decongest breakouts and reduce sebum for a clear complexion. Natural vegetable moisturiser glycerine and Ayurvedic anti-ageing arjuna combine to lock in moisture and keep the skin hydrated throughout the day. This Day Cream is an excellent hydrator for breakout-prone skin.” – Urban Veda website.
- Witch Hazel: To heal, refresh and add a much needed glow to the complexion.
- Neem: Used for centuries in ancient Indian ayurvedic medicine for its antibacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties, neem promises to clarify congested, oily pores.
- Black Mulberry: Loaded with anti-oxidants that make it a super hero for its anti-aging properties.
- Vitamin C: Believed to promote collagen synthesis in the skin, and protect it from harmful UV rays.
- Glycerine: To hydrate and protect.
- Tea Tree Oil: This, in my opinion, is a multi-tasking beauty must-have. Read all about it in more detail in my earlier post by clicking here.
- Orange, Anise, Spearmint, Wild mint and Eucalyptus Oils: To naturally treat scars and spotting.
- Sweet Almond Oil: A deeply nourishing natural oil.
Tezzy’s Verdict on the Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream
I have normal to dry skin, so this day cream was definately not made for my dosha. So lucky Hubby got to be my guinea pig! His skincare regime is shamefully modest when compared to my endless pots that take up the entirety of our bathroom shelves. The main ‘beauty’ step in his morning rush is his day cream, so I swapped his regular Nivea tin with this Ayurvedic beauty.
First off, the scent of the cream takes some getting used to. The scent of neem can really be overpowering, but thankfully it dies down after application.
The cream itself is beautifully light and refreshing. The skin really does feel very hydrated as soon as you smear this on, and it absorbs in very quickly.
Three weeks down the line, and Hubby boasts of a visible difference. The cream has delivered on its mattifying properties, and his complexion seems to be moving more towards the ‘normal’ scale of things from its former oilier self.
I think this is a great cream for the upcoming summer months. The UAE heat and humidity can play havoc on all skin types, and even I with my normal to dry skin might be reaching out for this tub for a more mattified complexion.
Why I Love the Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream
- It is loaded with skin-loving natural ingredients
- It takes ancient Ayurvedic skincare practices into account
- It really delivers on mattifying an oily complexion
- The cream itself is light and refreshing, and absorbs beautifully well into the skin
- This cream has an overpowering scent of neem that takes some getting used to
- At AED 135 for a 50 ml pot, the Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream does not come cheap
Where to Buy the Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream
The Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream retails for AED 135 for a 50 ml pot, and can be bought from BasharaCare.comBasharaCare.comBasharaCare.comBasharaCare.comBasharaCare.comBasharaCare.com
Basharacare is an online goldmine for all things beauty! Bashara Care delivers to UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. Bashara Care promises next day (unless it’s a Friday) in the UAE! For other countries, expect a wait of 2 to 3 working days.