How many shoes do you own? I for one have always been a shoe hoarder, and always struggling with storage space for my collection. But what are the key pieces every girl needs in her shoe ammunition?
I had the honor of being a part of the Jimmy Choo media event this month, and finally got to meet Dubai’s shoe-queen herself; Natalia Shoestova! This celebrity fashion blogger is glamour personified, yet so grounded and incredibly funny too! I felt like we’ve been friends for ages. Natalia is the older sister we all crave, the one who tells you about high-end fashion like it needs to be told; no soft corners spared.
I picked up quite a few gems on shoe fashion during her talk at Jimmy Choo, and wanted to share them with you. Here goes:
- Every girl needs a pair of faithful pumps, preferably in black.
- Opt for black patent pumps.The shine of patent leather makes the pumps look more expensive! Plus, they are easier to wipe clean.
- Red pumps are also a must-have, they are absolutely sexy with anything you put on!
- Don’t shy away from bright, even neon, pumps. They can add so much drama to your outfit!
- A one-color pump is more versatile than a printed variation.
- However, animal prints can be very neutral and versatile with any outfit! Invest in leopard and python prints.
- Nude pumps are yet another must-have. They elongate the legs.
- When choosing a nude pair, go for a shade that is slightly lighter than your natural colour.
- Another new-age shade that is close to nudes is rose gold. A pair of rose gold shoes compliments any complexion.
- If you have to choose between gold and silver, go for gold. Silver is cold, gold adds warmth to the overall look.
- Avoid wedges if you have big feet, or are a big girl. They can make you look like a horse!
- Ankle-strap sandals look very ladylike and never go out of style.
- T-strap sandals are great for a casual daytime look, and can even be worn with socks.
- Another daytime heel that is comfy yet gives height is the classic Mary Janes.
- Nothing beats sky-high stilettos! Avoid bulky shoes when going for the sexy night look.
- Reserve flat shoes strictly for casual wear.
- Boots add oomph to any outfit. Invest in a classic black pair.
- Always ensure you’ve had a good pedicure when exposing your feet in sandals.
- Don’t be shy to fold up your pants to show off a pair of striking shoes!
- Work to party? Simply change into a bright metallic pair!
- Invest in casual sneakers that are not workout wear.
- Get shoes with metallic studs! These are made for powerful, confident women.
- Combat boots may be an unlikely category to add to your must-haves, but these work beautifully well with gypsy dresses and jeans. The ones at Jimmy Choo have feminine floral detailing that make them less manly.
- Every year, invest in just 1 ‘Work of Art’ pair of shoes. This is the quirky cool, crazy printed or absolutely sparkly pair that will do all the talking when worn with a simple, monotonous outfit.
- Girls, don’t be shy to be tall. Be even taller, and strut your stuff in sky-high, confidence-boosting heels!