There’s something magical about Indian weddings; the colors, the costumes, the food and the rituals, followed by the melodrama of two families coming together as one. I’ve seen it on the silver screen many a time, but sadly I have not had many opportunities to be a part of the live fanfare.
So imagine my joy when I got invited to be a part of a Baraati! A ‘baraati’ is a North Indian term referring to the groom’s side of the party. The baraati is a procession of guests who lead the groom (demurely sitting on a horse). The group is responsible for all the fanfare, dancing and noise making it known to the bridal party that the groom has arrived.
But imagine this… we had no groom! However, what we did have was a breathtakingly beautiful venue housing the biggest number of horses in Dubai. This was a blogger-managed event hosted by the very lovely Monica Kapila from the DoInDubai.com blog, and the event was at the Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club.
Who would have thought of an equestrian ground for a wedding setup? Interestingly the venue has seen quite a number of weddings on its pristine grounds, and you really have to do a site visit to see why.
The club itself has this nostalgic old-world feel with its arched roofing, deep wooden panels and European-style architecture. The lawns are beautifully manicured, and you can watch the magnificent beasts gallop across the fields from the open terrace. It looks very Jane Austen to me, and would make for the perfect setting to say ‘I do’ to a modern-day Mr. Darcy.
But we were going full-out Indian at Monica’s Bloggers’ Baraati event, and here’s a group photo of all of us, decked up in our Desi finery:
It’s not every day that I get a chance to deck up all Desi in a sari and pose next to a gorgeous horse! We even got to go on a ride around the scenic venue on the horse-driven cart. Imagine this cart all decked up for a proper Baraati!
Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club allows external vendors to deck up the venue, so you can really get that personalized space of your dreams! Our stunning Indian set-up was created by The Creative Patch, a company specializing in all kinds of interior decorating for special events.
7 Reasons Why the Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club Makes for the Ideal Wedding Venue:
- The venue looks absolutely magical! Located on the outskirts of Dubai away from the humdrum of city life, the Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club grounds have the look and feel of another country altogether.
- You can set up the venue as per your personal preferences. The Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club allow external vendors to come in. The beautiful Indian decor at our Baraati event was done by The Creative Patch (do check out their work on Instagram).
- The Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club have their very own spa, complete with special packages for brides.
- The menu options are as vast as your imagination! Head Chef Chintana is very flexible with what can be created. They also have a very beautiful, award-winning fine-dining restaurant, Palermo onsite.
- The Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club has an alcohol licence, and have a team of creative mixologists who are sure to make your special day very memorable.
- They have the horses! The groom can actually gallop down on a horse, and you can even treat your guests to a horse-drawn cart ride… so Jane Austen once again!
- You have a choice of three different locations within the club. Click here for more information.
Fun Fact: Did you know that the Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club houses 447 horses? And only 60 of these belong to the club! The rest are privately owned.
Overall, the Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club can really make your wedding dreams come true. Guests will have a very memorable time in an unmatched scenic venue, complete with exceptionally suave service and catering.
For more details on the Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club, visit their website by clicking here.