I usually don’t do re-posts of press releases I receive, but this one by Chris Lambert of Q Comms was far too hilarious to store away in my inbox! Located in Marina Byblos Hotel in Dubai Marina, Societe Dubai is the city’s retro hotspot offering an interesting array of drinks, a spunky retro interior and a playlist of the coolest tunes from the ’80’s, ’90’s and 00 all night long.
Interestingly, the club has accumulated a whole stash of very interesting items that have been left behind by their alcohol-induced patrons. This definitely is a very insightful list!
11 Of The Weirdest And Most Frequent Things Lost In Dubai Nightclub, Societe Dubai
Alcohol is a cruel mistress. It fuels great conversations, pointless arguments, and in some cases- elevated stupidity. You end up losing things that you should not lose. From walking sticks, monocles, and a single glass eyeball, people have lost anything from their most prized possessions to the weirdest things they own, inside a nightclub. The owner of Societe Dubai, Gary Holliday spills the beans on the top most bizarre things people have left behind at the club over the past 12 months.
- One glass eyeball – This one left us really flabbergasted. We found the single glass eyeball stuffed down the side of one of the sofas at Societe.
- One walking stick – We saw this guy coming in with his walking stick, but leave without it. Clearly a night of cutting shapes to his favourite retro tunes loosened him up enough to walk home without it.
- One rather risqué corset – This was found in the middle of the night, stuck down the women’s toilet!
- One monocle – maybe this belonged to the guy who left his glass eye behind?
- 16 pairs of shoes
- 25 odd shoes – Plenty of “Cinderella’s” seem to leave behind a shoe and it begs the question, how are they walking home in only one stiletto?
- 30 laptops!
- 147 bags full of presents and gifts – We find small bags filled with chocolates, flowers, and more expensive items like bracelets and watches.
- 230 mobile phones – From iPhone’s and galaxies to old school Nokia’s, we have had every kind of mobile phone that’s been left behind in the club.
- 322 earrings – These earrings are never found in pairs, so we have ended up with this big bowl of odd earrings and no one ever seems to claim them!
- A whopping 541 credit cards!
Societe is open from 10pm to 3am on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, with Ladies’ Nights on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Starting at AED1,300, table bookings are available for groups of four up to 30 people. For more information or to book a table, please call 0503571126 or email Kristina@societe.ae