Are you loving the beautifully breezy weather as much as I am? This is by far my most favorite time of year in the UAE, and as a family, we are trying to make the most of this time by spending our weekends outdoors.
It’s officially barbecue season in Dubai! And what’s not to love about a beautifully glazed, flavorful rack of beef?
Try out this decadent treat for yourself, and impress the hell out of your mates! This recipe is courtesy The Meat Co.
Grilled BBQ Beef
- Beef Ribs 3.5 kg
- Thyme 5 grams
- Rosemary 5 grams
- Salt – fine 20 grams
- black peppercorn 5 grams
- Oregano, dried 1 gram
- Bay leaves 1gram
- Paprika powder 1 gram
- Water 5 litres
- Juniper berries 2 grams
- Barbecue Sauce 400 ml*
- In a large pot, add water, salt, bay leaves, paprika, juniper berries, Thyme, Rosemary & the ribs.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Check the meat. If tender, remove from the water & cool.
- Portion approximately 3 ribs. This should be vacuum packed, labelled & stored in fridge.
- To prepare, brush with butter, then baste in barbecue sauce & grill until the meat is crisp & tender.
*Home made Barbecue Sauce Recipe: Mix together 200 ml water, 100 ml thyme, 5 grams rosemary, 5 grams orange juice from 1 orange + zest, bay leaf – 1 piece, black pepper 2 grams, salt 5 grams, juniper berries 1 gram. Boil, and pass cooked mixture through a sieve before using.