Yay for the long weekend! The UAE celebrates its 44th National Day tomorrow, and we get two days off. Add the mandatory weekend of Friday and Saturday, and we’ll be out of the office for 4 days flat 🙂
What are your long weekend plans? I bet eating good grub is one of them! Why not whip up a wonderfully simple yet spot-on delicious sweet treat right in the comfort of your very own kitchen? With Nutella as the main ingredient, you know its going to be sinfully good!
The folks at The Meat Co have very generously shared their recipe for Nutella Cheesecake. Do give it a go!
The Meat Co.’s Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
For the Nutella Shortbread (the base):
- 160 grams butter
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 260 grams flour
- 100 grams Nutella
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the Nutella and flour, but do not over-mix.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake at 180ºC for 8 minutes.
Nutella Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 liter cream
- 500 grams cream cheese
- 220 grams milk chocolate
- 5 egg yolks
- 230 grams castor sugar
- 2 gelatine sheets (or 3.5 grams powdered gelatine)
- Softly whip up the cream.
- Soak the gelatine, and keep aside.
- Melt the chocolate, and slowly mix in the yolks and sugar till smooth.
- Add cream cheese to the chocolate mixture.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool, and then fold in the cream.
- Melt the gelatine, and carefully mix into the chocolate mixture.
- Pile the mixture on top of the Nutella Shortbread crumbs.
- 400 grams milk chocolate
- 200 grams Nutella
- 200 grams cream
- Heat Nutella with the cream.
- Pour over the chocolate, and let it melt.
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake. Spread evenly, and allow it to set.
The picture above shows the Nutella Cheesecake served as individual jars. You can go for this option, or choose to set the cheesecake in a traditional cake mold, and slice up to share.