Have an important event coming up, and want to recreate the Pinterest board of your dreams? The guys at Innovative Hiring can make it possible!I had a chat with the company’s General Manager, Paul Harding. Aussie-born Paul has a true eye for style, and is more than happy to take on any furniture-setup request, be it a corporate or a personal event. Having created uniquely stunning set-ups for the likes of Harvey Nichols and Galaries Lafayette, Innovative Hiring is geared up to becoming the region’s most sought-after furniture rental agency. Read on for more details about the brand.
1) With a parent company based in Melbourne, and catering to the entire GCC region, please give us a brief synopsis on the story behind Innovative Hiring.
IH begun by owner Henry Dyer owner of Dish catering, saw that there was a market for premium furniture hire, he approached tim buzzard owner of place settings and the rest is history.
2) How often are your collections updated? Where do you get your inspirations from?
We receive new stock every 3 months, ontop of that we add to our inventory locally or if we see there is an item in demand. Inspirations come from our parent company in Melbourne, Australia, instagram, magazines and local demand
3) You have a wide range of clientele. Tell us about your most recent ventures, and what you created.
We are moving into the wedding season now, we work closely with the lovely ladies at carousel weddings. Recently sponsoring the house of bazaar for Harpers Bazaar Arabia. Some large names we are working with include the Al Tayer group (Harvey Nichols), Galleries Lafayette, Quintessentially.
4) Do your clients come with ideas, or do you give them inputs on what can be achieved?
Its a real mix of both, a lot of event management companies know what they want and have a clear idea, others will come to our showroom seeking inspiration and suggestions
5) Pinterest is one social media platform that has an addictive following. Do you get many brides-to-bes who come in with Pinterest boards?
Not at this stage, we find Instagram a lot more powerful, and we get a lot of calls from this platform.
6) Are you on Pinterest?
7) I saw the Oil Drums on your website, super cool! Who’s hired these so far, and how did they do them up?
We were actually the first ones in the UAE to hire these, we started with them at the famous Ripe Market, and from there they have taken off and available at most hirers. These are oil drums which we powder coat to a specific colour. We can now custom-make these to any colour for clients.
8) You mainly cater to corporate and weddings, but would you have a special package deal for private parties?
Most definitely, we do a lot of domestic and private parties, we are the YES company, if you have a vision and a budget we will always try to accommodate. We want to work with people to create their dream event.
9) There are a number of furniture hiring companies out there. How do you differentiate yourself from the rest?
Indeed there are, at IH we don’t just hire out furniture, we offer a full service package, our items come with professional dust covers, our trucks are boxed spotless 3 ton trucks. We have a team of fully trained staff in uniform. We don’t just drop and run, we set up your equipment for the client and make sure everything looks perfect.
10) What are the new furniture styles that are up and coming on the Innovative Hiring site?
We have quite a few new collections in stock, most recently the rustic range which is proving to be very popular, we have introduced a pastels range for the baby showers and ladies lunch market. And our provincial range is also a new comer which the market is loving.
For more details on Innovative Hiring, and their range of furniture settings that cover quirky-cool to regally sophisticated, do have a browse through their website.