Today we take a peek into her life; on turning fruitarian overnight, staying fit, managing an enviably stress-free life, and her passion for food photography. She’s one impressive chic. I told you I have phenomenal friends!
Justyna turns 36 next month, but doesn’t look a day older than she did in high-school. She is a self-proclaimed health enthusiast, Bikram yoga lover, fruitarian and free spirit.
Justyna is a private entrepreneur. She was always an ace at art class, and her creativity has paid off by morphing her into a professional interior designer, taking on projects all around Poland.
Being my own boss I’ve put a lot of stress on life/work balance. After reading ‘The 4 hour workweek’ I had a bit of an epiphany and organized my work so that I work one day a week, sometimes even less. This way I have plenty of time for traveling, long walks, yoga and food pics 😉
This is a tough one. I think everyone has their own views on the subject.
I can only speak for myself: when I started eating vegan I shed pounds and felt calmer.
Then I discovered Freelee and other fruitarians on Instagram and was dubious that you can survive on fruit alone. I decided to give it a week’s try.
That was 16 months ago – but my life changed forever. Instantly in those days I felt better than ever before: unbelievable vitality, happiness and my brain fog was lifted as if by a the touch of a magic wand. Eating fruit alone is difficult socially, and hence I have struggled going off the diet into cooked food, but every time returning to the fruit lifestyle.
Go raw one meal a day.
Breakfast is easiest, lunch us second best.
One of my favorites: blend 8 bananas with 2 oranges for the best smoothie ever.
Grab seasonal fruit for lunch: box of peaches, grapes work well too.
- Find an activity you like.
- If you hate running, embrace that. If I waited till the day I felt like running, well lets say I’d still be waiting.
- I like long walks in nature (try unplugging from headphones or phone for a more holistic effect).
- Try yoga for a spiritually cleansing effect on top of the fitness aspect. Look into different kinds of yoga. I like sweaty bikram yoga in 41’C. Its certainly a gamechanger if you live in a cold country with a 6 month winter like me 🙂
- Do your exercise in the morning and have it done with for the day.
- Don’t count on other friends to assist you. Grab the opportunity to have your alone time.
- Best tip: go outside, ditch the gym. You deserve fresh air and a bit of sunlight.
- Non-direct sunlight is best lighting. Artificial lighting is worst, midday contrast also tough.
- Sometimes the ingredients look better than the finished product, click as you prepare.
- Nothing looks better to the human eye than fresh fruit and veg.
- If you’re clicking in a restaurant: wait till all the food arrives and ensure with the waiter that all comes at the same time.
- You need to be directly above the food to take a good pick. Yes, in a restaurant that will involve standing on a chair 🙂
- Last but not least: don’t use filters. With food pics especially!