Another award nomination from the lovely blogging community, whoop!
Thank-you Endrine from the lovely Suddenly Sonder blog for nominating The Tezzy Files for the very popular Liebster Award.
‘Liebster’ is a German word of endearment and can be roughly translated to ‘beloved’ or ‘dearest’. This is yet another award that exists only on the internet, and is more of a chain-mail aimed at spreading the love and discovering new blogs.
Here’s the rules I’ve been given:
Mention the person who nominated you (thanks again Endrine!), answer their 11 questions, make up 11 other questions and nominate 11 other bloggers.
Endrine sent me the questions below:
1. Name two or three of your favourite books.
‘Out of India’ by Ruth Prawar Jhabvala, ‘Cat’s Eye’ by Margaret Atwood, ‘And the Mountains Echoed’ by Khalid Hosseini.
2. What do you think is your best quality?
I can easily get obsessed with a given project, and like to give it my very best. Right now, this blog is taking up a great deal of my attention span!
3. Would you rather have many friends or a few best friends?
A few. Quality over quantity any day!
4. Who would you confide with your biggest secret?
My husband. I’ve been married to him for eight years, he knows me well enough to absorb my deepest, darkest secrets without been too taken aback.
5. What is your biggest fear?
Losing a loved one.
6. What is one hobby you like but can’t bring yourself to start doing it?
I love doodling, and wish I had more time to take up art lessons.
7. Movies or TV Shows?
Movies. Just don’t have the patience to wait for TV episodes, so if I have to watch a TV show, all the seasons have to be downloaded all at once!
8. Your favourite piece of clothing?
Has to be my Quirkbox Jacket.
9. The beach or the mountains?
10. Talking on the phone or texting?
Talking for sure!
11. What is one thing you wish people noticed about you?
That’s a tough one! Hmmm… my new ankle tattoo perhaps?
Now it’s my turn to make up the questions! Here’s my set of 11:
- What is your biggest blogging inspiration?
- What is your best kept beauty secret?
- Describe your personal style in 5 words.
- If you had all the money in the world, what would you be doing?
- List three things you’d want to have on you if you were stranded on a deserted island.
- Who is the one person you’d want with you on that island?
- Name a celebrity you aspire to be.
- The genie in the lamp grants you three wishes. What will they be?
- What is your fondest childhood memory?
- Name a food dish that takes you back to your childhood.
- What is your biggest food craving as an adult?
It is always hard narrowing down to a few blogs for these awards, there are so many spectacular blogs out there! Today I’m picking these 11 lovely blogs for the Liebster Award:
- Dermatologist’s Garden
- Mahi Blog
- The Endeavors of Everyday Life
- Travel Lux Blog
- Megan Elizabeth
- Manny Rutinel
- Carbon Octane
- Umair Imtiaz
- My 35 Project
- Small Town Fashion Blogger
- Charlene Chic
I look forward to your answers!
June 2015: I was nominated for the Liebster award back in Feb 2015, and have been fortunate enough to be re-nominated for this award by the gorgeous Sachini from the ‘Curly Hair Messy Mane’ blog. Yes this girl has the most enviable set of curls ever! And funny how we’ve never met in person given we’re both bloggers from the UAE. The power of the blogosphere sure is phenomenal, gotta love WordPress 🙂
Here’s Sachini’s set of questions to me, and my answers:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? My love for writing.
2. What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging? Time management! It’s been pretty challenging juggling a full-time job and mummyhood with a blog on the side, but thankfully I don’t see blogging as a task. It’s so addictive, and typing away right here keeps me going 🙂
3. What’s your pet peeve/s when it comes to blogging ? I’m not at all tech savvy, so most of my blogging nags would have to be related to things like image editing, learning widgets, etc.
4. What TV show are you currently watching? My Kitchen Rules
5. What was the last book you read? ‘Horton Hears a Who’ – it’s topping my daughter’s bedtime reading charts offlate 😉 My last adult read was ‘Lean In’ by Sheryl Sandberg, a must-read for the women of today.
6. What’s one thing you want but can’t have? More time! Can someone invent 40-hour days please? And give us the energy pills to get through them too ofcourse!
7. What’s your favorite colour (when it comes to makeup or clothes)? It would have to be a bright, vibrant red 😉
8. What’s your favorite makeup item ? Currently the Beauty Blender. Makes makeup application a breeze!
9. Are you a skincare or a makeup person ? Definitely skincare.
10. Cats or dogs ? Cats! Dogs scare me.
11. What’s your favorite high street clothing brand ? Mango.
The rules remain the same:
- Mention the person who nominated you (thanks again Sachini!),
- answer their 11 questions (done!)
- make up 11 other questions
- and nominate 11 other bloggers.
Here’s my 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you love about blogging, and why?
- Pet peeves when it comes to blogging?
- Your 3 best kept blogging secrets are…?
- Which post on your blog so far means the most to you, and why?
- Why did you choose WordPress?
- How and why did you choose your current blog layout and theme?
- If you were stranded on an island, what is the one thing you’d hope to have with you?
- Your best kept beauty secret?
- What fashion label are you wearing right now?
- What is your signature dish that you get most praises for?
Yay I get to nominate some lovely bloggers for this award! Here’s my nominations:
- Nybble at the Surface
- Ally B Jones
- Its PH Blog
- Style Peaks
- 1979 S
- The Fashion Marionette
- Naina at Cooking
- The Meremaid
- High Heels And Fairytales
- Puddles of Ink
Happy blogging peeps, I look forward to your answers 🙂