TheLiquid Cushion Compact Foundation is quite a novel concept. This is a liquid foundation that comes in a ‘cushion’ sponge, making it easy to carry on the go, and super easy to apply.
Apart from the cushion technology that offers just the right amount of product per use, the product itself is guaranteed to give a dewy, glowing complexion in seconds and is said to be lightweight, hydrating and brightening.
This is yet another product I got introduced to at the Aquarius Beauty Heroes event as a Reader Judge, and after an initial trial, I had to buy one for myself!
A portable liquid makeup to take with you on the move. Added skincare benefits of hydration and brightening with a cooling sensation. A wide range of shades for every skin tone. – Lancôme website.
Tezzy’s Experience with the Liquid Cushion Compact Foundation:
With the signature Lancôme rose bud on its mirrored surface, the packaging looks very luxurious and inviting.
The ‘cushion’ is drenched with foundation, and just a tip of the applicator sponge collects a good deal of the product.
However, I found the applicator sponge a little tricky to use. It isn’t easy getting a smooth finish with this sponge, and I decided to use my Beauty Blender instead.
With the Beauty Blender, the product glides onto the skin beautifully, and leaves an even, near-matt finish. I am glad it isn’t big on the ‘dewy’ front, and a few dabs of compact solves any unwanted shine.
The coverage is lighter than I would have liked given the price tag, but it is perfect for everyday makeup. I also like the fact that it has built in sun protection.
The product claims to be lightweight, hydrating and brightening.
It definitely is lightweight. Lightweight to a fault! I find the coverage a little too light for my liking.
As for hydrating, I have normal to dry skin and therefore like a little more moisture on my skin. I use a hydrating serum on my skin, followed by sunscreen and then this foundation. I cannot imagine going without the serum, and therefore do not think the Lancôme Miracle Cushion is hydrating enough on its own.
For brightening, this is probably the brand’s idea of a dewy complexion. The foundation is great in this aspect. It gives the skin a very subtle sheen that can be toned down with a few dabs of compact.
Would I buy this again? I’m not too sure. The product itself is lovely for its novelty (although I haven’t found myself carrying it about as per the benefit advertised – one application in the morning is enough for me, in which case my old fashioned bottled foundation works just as well!).
I would also prefer more coverage when wearing a foundation. I feel tinted moisturizers have a similar amount of coverage as the Lancôme Miracle Cushion.
And is there really enough product given the price tag? I have been using mine for about 2 weeks now, and there is still a good amount of product to go. I read you can just turn around the cushion at a later stage to get more product out, and its good to know refills can be bought instead of splurging on a completely new pack.
- The sponge concept makes this foundation super easy to use.
- No more messy spills like bottled foundations! Perfect for on the go, and travel.
- The product texture is light, and blends into the skin beautifully.
- The color is subtle, and perfect for daily use.
- It has built in UVA & UVB protection with an SPF of 23.
- There are 11 shades to choose from.
- You can buy refills instead on re-buying the entire product.
The Not So Good:
- At AED 181, this product doesn’t come cheap!
- As the product rests on a sponge, there isn’t that much of it available (as compared to traditional bottled foundations).
- The sponge is not ideal for applying the product.
- As the product is in a packaging, it is near impossible to mix up the foundation with another product to get a more personalized color/texture.
- The product’s texture is light to sheer, and for the price you might prefer a foundation that can be adjusted from light to higher coverage.
Overall, theLiquid Cushion Compact Foundation is a clever concept, and is also available under some Korean beauty brands (at far reasonable prices!). It is early days, and I am excited to see how this cushion concept will advance in the world of beauty. Stay tuned!
The Liquid Cushion Compact Foundation retails for AED 181, and is available in all Paris Gallery and Sephora stores around the UAE.